Shivon

Professional Editing Suites...

I started a new job a few weeks back, and while getting 'the technical tour' today, I was shown a big-ass server with dual heads in the back room which was described as a 'professional editing suite for video / music compilation'. 'Suitable for T.V work' was the quote. I'll check out the name of it again tomorrow - but I think they said something like "Avida" (pronounced 'A-Veee-da'). Sound familiar to anyone? :S Maybe I heard wrong - I'll try and get another look tomorrow.

I have just started using Premiere at home to compile my vids (and finding it a pain in the ass to learn all the in's and out's), but it sounds like I might be putting in some late nights at work in the future...

I would honestly have to agree as well - I thought Premeire gave me many more headaches overall than any Avid system ever did. Granted, there is more to an Avid system, but that doesn't mean you have to know it all to be productive.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I had another look at the editing suite today. It does have AVID on it. It also has ULEAD v.6. The guys who operate it said that assuming a person is starting from scratch (no knowledge), that ULEAD was probably the best way to go, being a "95% solution with 5% pain". Of interest to me is that it is set up with a mini DV tape drive, and DVD burning facilities.