x3mcam

Which Top Mount helmet do you prefer?

you forgot the batrak. of course I have a half-rak and that suits me well because I'm pretty tall and I jump a c182 so there's not much space to stick stuff on my top of my head and still be comfortable in the plane. so my vid is on the side, and stills on top. no wasted space.

sbb

I too have a Bonehead Bat-Rack which has been very good to me...about 400 jumps on it, with both cameras top-mounted. But like someone else said, I'd go for the flat top pro if I were getting another new one, or one of the custom jobs from Rim World (think Rickster Powell's camera helme). They start at something like $1100, but are nearly beautifully designed.

Cheers!

--Jairo
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

I love my flat top. I would like to try the new cut away system. I plan on seeing what they can do as far as a conversion at the simposium this mounth.
--------------------------------------------------------
Some one must go to the edge for others to be able to find it. But if you go be sure you can make it back.

Yes the helmets tha Wes Rich makes are over $1000. I've had mine for 4 years now and have done plenty of jumps with it. Worth every penny if you do lots of jumps. I haven't really tried anything else since I started using this one. It is small, light, and custom fit so it goes on the same everytime. It has all the mounts I need for any camera configuration. They are VERY nice.-Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.

Tony, thanks!

Looks like a reasonable set up. Is the shell it self standard? I mean, do you mean that the inner lining/filling is made personal with foam or such?

I'm merely comparing to the FlatTop Pro with thermoformable liners......

I've seen some badly fitted Hansons, that's not what I want, is it?

blue skies and great shot, Tony!

The whole thing is form fit. Some things may be standard such as how wide the plate is (depending on what you want for a set-up) between your face and the fiberglass is a scuba hood. no foam to fill in the gaps. so each helmet is custom all the way through. the top is very close to the top of your head so the weight isnt too far above your head. -Tony
My O.C.D. has me chasing a dream my A.D.D. won't let me catch.