Nono

Which video helmet?

I'm planning to by a Sony PC101 very soon and I'm still wondering which helmet I should purchase (N-VertigoX, Bonehead Minwrap...?). I want to mount my camera on the side and I don't really want to have a huge ugly looking flattop. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I don't really want to have a huge ugly looking flattop

don't get the nvertigo, it has a flat top...the 101 is small enough that any helmet you put it on will be fine, that leaves you to decide on the look of the helmet and relative comfort....and since apparently look is very important to you, pick whatever helmet is the most aesthetically pleasing to you - imo

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I want to mount my camera on the side and I don't really want to have a huge ugly looking flattop.

The Bonehead Optik would leave you with a flat top, but if you ever wanted to add stills down the road you might be glad you had it. It's also very comfortable.

Skydive Radio

I'm planning to by a Sony PC101 very soon and I'm still wondering which helmet I should purchase (N-VertigoX, Bonehead Minwrap...?). I want to mount my camera on the side and I don't really want to have a huge ugly looking flattop. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I love my Rawa, got a PC101 in it.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=318214;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;

It does have a little flat top thing, but check out the pictures in the link above and see what you think. Ordering information is posted later in the thread.

--
Hook high, flare on time

in my opinion it depends on how much mounting space u need, if ur planing to do serious camera work an plan on makin it a proffesion u might b better off with a flat top, if ur planin to do recreational camera work (freeflying, wutever) ur better of with an optik/rawa.

it also depends how much ur willing to spend. if i had 650$ to spend i would defenatly go with the flat top

right now i own a optik with a side mounted pc-9 and a top mounted canon rebel 2000 and i'm VERY happy with it!

The best helmet I've seen is made by a guy in England. Carbonfiber like the bonehead, but the sidemounted camera is integrated rather than attached. A lot flatter profile and less likeliness of riser hangup. A smooth piece...
Unfortunately, I don't know the company, but go on a net search, I'm sure you'll find it.
"Bodygolfing" isn't as much fun as it sounds. People get pissed when you don't replace your divets.