meerkatt

PC7 settings

I use a pc7 for tandem video & find the picyure a lot darker than other cameras on the dz.Particularly shooting from below the tandem. The tandem is just shadow unless I am high or close(less than 2 feet).
Anyone got settings that work well on a pc7? I think I have tried almost every combination.

make sure your backlight isn't on, or that you accidently messed with some of the exposure settings. Does it look bad only on your camera, or on a TV too? (could just be the screen contrast/bright setting).
I shot a tandem video with nightshot on once (durring the day)......
bad things man..........bad things.....

Z

Hey Zlew not flaming you man...Theres no nightshot on a PC7.

Okay, in poor light the PC7 sucks, its got a plastic lens, Sony introduced real glass lenses with the 10.

Settings....set white balance to auto, focus on manual, then crank it out to infinity (depending on which w/a you use). Use 'normal mode' as opposed to sports or anythhing else.....So its basically everything to auto except focus.....

Getting the tandem master to turn and face the sun is a must....as mentioned above.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

No flame taken. I didn't think that was his problem, just pointing out that I screwed up badly with a simple setting once. If you shoot with night shot durring the day, you dont' get any real image at all.... total white/green-out. Only seen one PC 7 (and it was from Hong Kong...no english on it). Camera was a little before my time ;)
Plastic lense? that kinda sucks.
Oh well
Z