wlie

PrimeFilm 1800AFL 35mm Slide & Film Scanner

I have a Nikon Coolscan IV and it's great but I think that there are some pretty good alternatives these days. I took a look at the scanner reviews at Imaging Resource but they don't have one of the scanner you're interested in. Perhaps search for some other on-line reviews of it or wait until Imaging Resource does one as they are very thorough and quite fair-minded.

I've got the Canoscan FS4000US, and it is GREAT! blow-up pictures to A4 and greater format without problems.
One of the important features to look for is automatic dust-removal, look for 'Digital ICE, or, like the Canon, for 'FARE' Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement.

I've got the Canoscan FS4000US, and it is GREAT! blow-up pictures to A4 and greater format without problems.
One of the important features to look for is automatic dust-removal, look for 'Digital ICE, or, like the Canon, for 'FARE' Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement.

Now that CaTo mentions it, the ICE and GEM software was one of the main reasons I bought the Nikon. Saves lots of retouching time.

Well well, more dutch girls :) Hey Caren....... Seen the SportParachutist? Did you scan those pics with that canoscan?

I got the PrimeFilm 1800 AFL a couple of months ago, mainly because I could afford it. I'm not really happy about it. It does a better job then my regular old flatbed scanner (duh) but I expected more.

I can scan positives or negatives for web use, and I use it for that sometimes. But I really wanted scans that are good enough for printing. They're not. Somehow the focus isn't really right on, or it just blows things up too much. I've gotten better prints of my old 2.1 megapixel camera...

Still looking for something (much) better.

ciel bleu,
Saskia