skydivejohn

Anybody makeing a closed face Video helmet?

Are you looking for a true video helmet or would a piece together Bonehead work? The Bonehead Boomerang accepts a D-box quite well; moreover, you could mount the "flattop" piece for a mindwarp on it also. I do imagine with a little creativeness, a still camera could be mounted very easily, also.

Worst case, you can get a US Army issue Poly-Pro Baclava (sp?), they're about $9 and do the job quite nicely (even if you look like you're about to rob a bank).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Don't think they make the sidewinder amymore.

If Underdog is still lurking this area he might remember the make of Flabby's camera helmet. Looks like a Hanson, but is full face.

I never new anyone who had a sidwinder that was happy with it. It seemed ok for POV type shooting...but the 2 guys i know who had them didn't like them.

Z

I've got a Sidewinder O2 (the flipup lens version of the Sidewinder) and I love it. I replaced my orig fixed lens Sidewinder with the O2 about 3 yrs ago.

I primarily video students, and one thing I did to make shooting tandems and such easier was to make a 'shim' to angle my camera better so I don't kill my neck.

We've had some very cold days lately, and some of the other camera guys bailed since their face was freezing (openface freefly type helmets), and I was able to get more vid's in because I was toasty & protected from the cold in my nice Sidewinder. :)

-Tommy