KawiZX900

sony pc 100

saw a sony pc 100 at a pawn shop for 600 $ probably get it knocked down to 500...

problem being it only records while button is held dow, let up the pressure, no more record........

anybody ever run into that?

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Yup, my PC7 suffers the same from time to time.
Its caused by a worn ribbon cable, my guess is 150 bucks for a service should see you right.
Why don't you describe the fault to a sony service centre to be sure.....
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

on the top right bottom right? small i take it ....
this camera dosn't come w/manual either so it's all a crap shoot...

do you think 550-600 is fair?

" l'll f*@k you up like pop rocks and coca cola "

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

2 things to think about:
it might be what the other guys are saying, but the PC 100 also has a switch on the side of it that has 3 play modes. and one of them is such that it only reconrds when u have the button down (the other is normal and number three is i belive 5 or 10 sec's of recording per time u push the button). might want to look and make sure that is right.
ALso, the cam eye might sitill activate it with the came eye button.

Z

Here's a link to all of sony's minidv manuals in PDF format.

re: the problem - sounds like the anti-ground switch like others have mentioned. download the pc100 manual, find the info on the switch and go to the pawn shop and try to change the setting and see how it goes.

-tommy

Tommy,

Thanks for that link. I have a PC-1 that I bought used and this will be very helpful. Thanks!

Murray
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey