PhreeZone

Freefly suit vs RW suit

I was browsing the pictures from '02 US Nationals and it seems like a lot of the intermediate teams video personal were jumping freefly or freefly camera suits. I personally own one and love it, but the rest of the camera flyers at the DZ scoffed at it and informed me that no serious camera fling could be done in such a suit.

Whats everyones opinions of this setup for 4/8/RW filming? Is the person in the RW suit really able to get more over the top of a formation then a person in a freefly suit with wings? Also was the footage from the people that jump a freefly suit that much worse for judging then a person that is jumpiong the comventional RW suit with wings?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

...was the footage from the people that jump a freefly suit that much worse for judging then a person that is jumpiong the comventional RW suit with wings?

Oh, no indeed ;)!
I've put 150+ jumps filming 4-way in a freefly camera suit. It works pretty fine (and picture is definately judgeble ;)). But since I plan to do some serious RW filming, I am getting an RW camera suit. Why?
I definately feel lack of booties (esp. doing leading exit). Small wings on my suit do not allow me to get as close and steep over formation as bigger wings on RW camera suit would. Booties and bigger wings add LOADS of control, which means - better picture.
BS

I film freefly, students and tandems, sometimes FS. I do everything that with my freeflysuit on and I'm pretty satisfied. I do that because I want to learn to fly as good as possible, without any tricks. I know that with wings I would have much much wider speedrange but still... I've seen people who don't know how to adjust their speed without wings; makes me wondering...

"You can call me Mike"

I have filmed 4/8/16/20/120+ in a freefly style camera suit and have no problems... there are no judgability issues from the suit... I won a bronze @ '01 Nationals in Int. 4-way shooting for Slow Motion in this suit... getting over the top is a matter of the flyers skill (first) and the size of the wing (second), IMO booties have nothing to do with it.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke