Yoshi

New set of wings

Wow is all I have to say... I jumped camera wings for the first time this weekend (yes I already got beer) and they were amazing.. I took the design from a camera flier at my dz and made them myself. some spandex, trim tape, thread, and heavy fabric is all I needed and BAM (like emiril for those cooking freaks out there) I had a great set of first wings. kinda different patter.. its like a front-less t shirt with wings that clip to the harnes.... great design and awsome range...I even jumped with shorts and stayed with a tandem that averaged 107 pr/hour.... (light instructor, light student) anyways...I might start making them for sale (pending there isnt any copyrights on the pattern yet)
-yoshi

The one thing about camera wings is make sure you can ditch them in a hurry if needed. Getting slack to reach the toggles is a pain if you have to unthread and unclip lots of things. I like the RSL clips on my Firefly jacket a lot and by poping them I get 4 inches right away to move with. Also if the wing is on the front or back of the arm will affect how it will fly. All of these are things that I've started picking up now that I'm up to 30-40 jumps with wings. I like the back wings on my current suit but for RW you need to have centered wings and if you want to back fly it seems like the front wings are the best. Swoop cords and how they are attached are also a big factor. Talk to the pros that have been doing it for ages to get some ideas before reinventing the wheel. Besides lots of things have been tried and let go because of issues that happened in the past and the least you can do is learn from those mistakes.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

hey you yamahomo, don't go off trying to reinvent the wheel dude, them kind of wing's don't fly for 4 shit! don't you know anything? got to have some young whipper snapper come along and explain it all
to you, and to think we've been doing all wrong all these years:o better get you one of those fancy pants joe cool camera suits dude!
c ya at boogie time again this year.
cooper
I'm so mainstream, I don't use my brain!
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

ok first of all I am not selling them yet.. I need to make sure they are not copyrighted, and work womething out with the guy that gave me the design, second they DO work great.. I jump with shorts and the wings and its awesome how much stopping power and pop I can get out of them...they do have swoop cords and a fairly quiock release (similar to that of most freefly helmets, but bigger) I think rsl attachments would be a great idea for release... anyways no pix at this time but if you come to the boogie (richmond of course) I can show you them...fun to make fun to fly...I would much rather spend 20 bucks on supplies and a few hours of sewing than 250 or more on a suit that does the same thing!...
until next time...same bat place, same bat channel
-yoshimon

WHAAAAA??? ok so I am not that great on my belly, but Ill smoke you any day sitting or head down!
he he he he :$:D cant wait till the BOOGIE!!!! see you there?!?!?!
-yoshi