freeflir29

.43 Kenko?

How wide is a .43 Kenko. I called B&H yesterday and ordered the lens but they didn't have .42's in stock. So...since it was only about $45 I got the .43. I have the .42 on back order with them but I figured ANY WA is better than no WA...:)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

I use no wide angle and have been doing just fine thank you!
I would like to experiment with one before I buy one. I'd like to get a wider angle on the close ups rather than chopping off the head of the TM or the passenger. However I dont want the farther away stuff to suffer because of the WA lens.
Comments? Mostly doing tandems and 4-way comp stuff.

However I dont want the farther away stuff to suffer because of the WA lens

Uuuummmmm....Stay closer? :D I'll just be satisfied when people stop asking incessantly..."Are you zoomed in?" AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Drivin me nuts with that question!!! :D
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

I use a Kenko KUW-042M and SGW-05 and have also used the KCW-042 which I think was replaced by the SGW-043. The KCW-042 is extremely wide with a lot of fish-eye effect and I had some vignetting using my PC-100.
The Kenko .42 does not vignette and the curvature of field is less but you pay for it with size. The KUW-42M and HI are big lenses, mine hangs out significantly past the front/side of my D-Box and I can feel the weight difference. I ended up making a fiberglass shield for the front of my D-Box to enclose the lens.
Paul Webster

WooHoo....got to jump my new lens twice today. It is the poop. You can hardly tell it's a wide angle during video play back and it gives me a perfect field of view. I like it!!! I had to just barely zoom it in to get rid of the vignetting(SP?) and now it's perfect!

However I dont want the farther away stuff to suffer because of the WA lens.

Interesting point.....with the .43 on I think the ALL AROUND video quality is MUCH better. Both close up and far away is clearer and generally just looks nicer. I guess there is a point...I'd guess around 50-60 feet out, maybe farther, that things start to get really tiny. Overall I think it is a VAST improvement over the standard camera lens.