fonzi

canon video digitals

i have searched and read a couple of posts about sony vs jvc but not many mentioning the advantages or disadvantages of canon digital video cams.
there are a couple of nice offers on canons here in europe on ebay.de
i've been in some newsgroups and forums for videocams here in germany. the major statement is, that canons have the far better techinical parts inside and that the canon lenses are superior to the sonys
my question:
what do you professional guys out there in the us think about canons e.g. the Canon MV *** series. apart of no d-boxes and mounting probs.
why is the Canon MV - serie so little used in skydiving. have these cams major disadvantages in sykdiving?
the prices compared to sonys dcr-pc series are nearly 50% less for used cams.
any and many comments are higly appreciated.
thanks
bsbd,
fonzi

life is to short for the pimp :)

Canon DV's the image stabilization sucks. I believe it is electronic

the MVX1i has an optical image stabilisation which is said to be superior to the sonys because of the better lenses.
bsbd,
fonzi

life is to short for the pimp :)

The Carl Ziess lens on the Sonys are almost top of the line for stock lens that you can find for the home market. A big draw back is the lack of a LANC port. No Cam-eye without it. The Dbox problem does'nt help and most people want to be able to have thier friends help them if needed and to do that they get what their friends have. Plus the Sonys last forever under jumping conditions while most others seem to develop issues after a bit of time.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....