Gravitymaster

Video Cards

Depends what you want. If you want quality 2D with optional dualhead support, go with a newer Matrox card. Video people seem to like ATI's stuff. If you want game performance NVidia is top of the line, although ATI's newest stuff also performs quite well.
Don't limit yourself to 64 megs. Most of the newer 3D cards have at least 128. It also depends on what OS you are running. All of the cards I mentioned are well supported on Windows. NVidia has pretty good quality drivers available for Linux users, as does Matrox. ATI has support for older cards for Linux, I believe.
Check out AnandTech for what are (in my opinion) some of the best, most detailed, least biased reviews out there.
--
Brian

I have a Matrox card and it's GREAT! It's 2D and works well with just about everything. As far as memory goes....PUMP it with everything you can get into it. The more memory you have, the more you can do with video and still work. Trust me, you can never have enough memory.....well, maybe I can. (1GIG) just for video. Have fun, and be creative!