freeflir29

I don't know shit about cameras...Help!!

In my opinion the 9 is better than the 5, if for no other reason than the battery... the 5 uses the old "short" series that don't last very long, the 9 uses the "medium" series which have proven to be much more efficient in my experiance... you may want to look at the new line comming out this month... the PC-101 is the same size as the 5/9 but is suposed to have much better resolution.
Josh
http://www.aerialfusion.com

The PC-5's use a touch screen to run many of their functions. I have heard that these have a reputation for going bad. I have a TRV-30 and really like it but it is a top mount. If you are set on a sidemount you might want to check out the PC-110. I have a friend with one of those and he really likes it. I think he paid around $1000 for his.
-Dave
"Gas...Undercarriage...Mixture...Prop...Beer"
B|

I have several hundred video jumps on my PC5, and I love it! It is a great camera, and weighs less than a pound. Having said that, I wish I had waited a month and gone for the PC9. It is ™ the same size (even uses same D box) and has lots of nice features the PC5 doesn't. As another poster noted, for skydiving the M series Bat is the biggest upgrade. I have the oversized bat on my PC5, and the PC 9 stock bat. lasts just as longg. The MPG feature, and the USB connection is also really nice on the 9. The PC-110 a big camera. Weighs about P again as much as the 9/5 and has lots of things u don't need for jumping (like the flash). Its a good camera, but if you want the most low weight and low profile camera to save your neck........the 100 and 110 series (120 too i think) are much larger. Still small by TRV standards, but bigger than needed.