Deuce

ringsight aim point

If you video multiple disciplines, 4-way, tandem, fun jumps, sit-fliers, where is the aimpoint of your ringsight? When you are standing straight and looking ahead straight and level, is the aim point of your ringsight dead-ahead, or do you have it angled up a little (or a lot). I'm getting ready to drill my helmet, and when I lay down on my belly it seems like I'm really cranking my neck back to look straight across the floor. I'm thinking my sight point should be a little above my normal line-of-sight. I'm not getting out to my DZ until Saturday, so could some of you please give me some feedback? Thanks. JP

Ringsites and camera angles are basically a personal choice. Some camera flyers especially tandem videographers (that dont sit) prefer to tilt the camera angle up a slight amount to ease neck strain getiing the upper shot. But freeflyers usually point the camera down a bit so that when head down you get a good shot of the whole body. You can practice honing your sight skills at home walk around with your helmet on and camera recording and take shots of things on the ground level and above to get used to your site.
Hook low Flare late

Here's what I do: I bought a cheapo laser pointer from Office Max and set it up so when I activated it it points to the center of what the video camera sees. Set the ring site up so the red laser dot is in the center of the ring site when you have your neck in the position you will be filming in (cranked up for tandems, stright ahead for freeflying, et).
Drewfus McDoofus