Merrick

Memory Capacity???

Just a quick question guys. I bought a PC9 last fall, and I've just now found the time to get more acquainted with it. I'm wanting to upload some video clips, but with the 4mb memory stick that came with the camera, I'm only able to capture about 53 secs of video (as an mpeg) on the 160X112 Image size setting. So, I got a 32mb stick the other day, figuring that should be more than enough space for the three minutes or so of video I wanted to upload (being as it's 8X larger than the original stick). Well, I was wrong, I can still only get 60 secs captured on the stick, and only 15 secs in the 320X240 (which is what I'd rather be using). What is it gonna take?
I don't have any fancy editing equipment or software, I've simply been using my vcr & stereo to edit what I want to the DV tape, then trying to record it onto the memory stick from the tape. Is there another way that I'm not aware of? I’ve looked at several mpegs on pilotdave’s site that have comparable run times as what I want to record, and they seem to range anywhere from 8 – 45mb. What accounts for the difference in size when there is only a few seconds of difference…. Help! lol
Thanks for any info.
Blues!
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

The PC9/110/120 etc all have it hard coded into the programming just how long of an MPG the hardware can compress. Storage is'nt the problem, the hardware only has so much buffer that it can use to compress on the fly.
Spend $25 on a DV (I1394) card for the PC and use the Firewire cable to suck it to the PC to upload and edit. The Card will probally come with cheap software or if you are running Windows XP... use the Movie Editor included to compress.
"Hey.. Its my camera, and my remote... I'll rewind if I want to!" ~ Goat #2

Ahhhh.... it all makes sense now. LOL Thanks Phree.
I do have some cheesy movie editor software that installed when I installed WinME, but I'm not sure if I have a DV card already or not, I've had to reformat the harddrive like three times on this damn thing, so if I do the drivers for it never got re-installed. Oh well, I'll figure something out.
Blues!
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

Merrick, you can see if you have IEEE1394 on your computer. Just check out the back and/or front to see if you have a plug that says iWire, FireWire, or IEEE1394. The plug looks something like this:
SEE ATTACHMENT BELOW
Phree....where can I find a firewire card for $25? I haven't seen them that cheap.
Thanks
:)JumpinDuo.com...come and sign the guestbook.