Trent

180 degree reverse lens for Sony DVs

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a really wierd lens that has a half-sphere mirror attached to a little bar that extends from the center of the lens? It reflects back and you actually film yourself in 180 degrees. Know what I mean?

Most are custom made. The focal length on those is directly proporitional to the lens that you are using. ie a .42 lens is going to need a shorted bar then a .45 lens equiped camera would. Most of these systems are NOT designed to be flown sice you now have a bar sticking out that is a MAJOR snag hazard.
A rainy day at the DZ is better then a Sunny day at work

I don't remember the name of the guys that submitted it, but there was a video at this year's Flyboyz Film Festival that featured the "wacky cam" on a belly mount. Very creative.
The festival will reappear at Perris on November 8 to 11.
I imagine that a person could make such a lens adaptor and make it snag resistant. The basic way I would do it would be to get a piece of plexiglas tube to fit over the regular lens and then put a small convex mirror at the far end. Should be relatively snag resistant if the outside edges are smooth.
Paul
futurecam.com/skydive.html