max

Looking for suggestions on a helmet..

My girlfriend just purchased a Sony PC5 and we are looking for suggestions on a good helmet for her to mount it on.
If anyone has a PC5 please tell us what helmet you are using and any feedback on its comfort.....Thanks

I was going to mount my PC-5 on the side of my old bonehead mindwarp, or buy a new halfrak.
When I tried on a brand new Bonehead mindwarp, it fit so snug and comfortable that I decided it would be a fine camera helmet. I never realized how loose my old Bonehead was.
I mounted a D-box ($195...sheesh) on the side of the mindwarp and that is a pain in the butt because it doesn't mate up to the helmet surface. The half rak was also very comfortable, and a little easier to mount, but I did not want all that bulk.
bloo skies

I have a PC5 mounted on one of the new Bonehead Mindwarps and I've never had any problems with it. There doesn't seem to be any problems despite the fact that the camera mount (a PC100 L-bracket modification) is not exactly flush with the helmet. Another option is that Bonehead offers a top mount platform for the Mindwarp that seems to fit very well. Good luck.
Blue skies
-T1

B|

A good helmet which i use with a PC9, cannon EOS 500 and I endorse fully is the Bonehead optic good quality, robust and safe. Its good to do a cutaway mod on any helmet you buy though. Bear in mind thats my opinion others may varey

laterz

http://www.freeflyeuphoria.com
Grant a.k.a "The Wookster"
Euphoria freefly
http://www.freeflyeuphoria.com

Frankly Boneheads are the best helmet on the market as far as I am concerned. They stand up to skydiving and unless you throw it around it will look the same way you bought it after 5 years like my Flat Top Pro does. Plus they sell every possible option for a one stop shop. Customer aftercare if needed is amazing also. Total classy outfit.

~Chachi

I'd also encourage you to take a look at 2kcomposites camera helmets. You can check them out at www.2kcomposites.com. Of course I am biased becaues I'm a dealer and a proud owner of one, but definately worth checking out. I definately don't have anything bad to say about bonehead, they build great products, but I'd encourage you to check out all the helmets out there and see which one you think would fit your needs the best.

Blue Skies,
Chris

I agree that Bonehead makes a great helmet.If your interested in all options take a look at this site www.cookiecomposites.com ,It's an established Ausie brand and you may find that the quality and prices are really good.I orded a helmet with box mounted and you can basicly stick your camera in and jump.
Cheers
DoogleX