jayhfx

lens size

hey gang,
any thoughts and suggestions on the best wide angle lens for a PC-7? Mostly freefly vids will be shot. I believe I should be looking for a .50 but some that I've found are very specific for certain models which don't include the PC-7.
thanks
peace

www.pierltd.com might have adapter rings for your camera and or lenses that fit.
I got a .5 Kenco from them for the PC5. It required an adapter ring. I could have bought a Sony Lens made for it, but it would have been more expensive.
bloo ones
ramon

I use a Raynoc .5 wide angle on my TRV11. I purchased it online from B&H Photography. I think the URL is
http://www02.bhphotovideo.com
They have Kenko also and even have adaptors to fit the thread size for your camera.

I have a PC5 and a Kenko .5 lens for it. I also purchased it from bhphotovideo.com. They seem to have the best prices I could find. I find that the .5 works pretty well, but if you're going to be flying closer than 5 ft from others, you might want to look at a .45 or a .42. I got some pretty good footage with my .5, but I'm looking at getting a .42 as my shots are getting only heads again. Hope this helps a little.
Blue skies
-T1

FX,
I like the focal length for my video camera and my still camera to match. That way I'm flying & framing for both cameras at once. Also, if you can recall where in the skydive you were shooting stills, you can review the video to see how good your chances are that you have a few good shots. I Use a Sony TRV-9 video camera with a .5 wide angle adapter. My still camera lens is a 28mm, and I use a Sky 1-A filter unless it's super cloudy and grey. With this combination I zoom my video camera in one slight "tap" from full-wide to prevent vignetting, and I get decent results.
SP