guy4sky

WT 2012 announced

World Team has announced a new large formation record attempt, in Qatar, with tentative dates of December 10-23, 2012. A/C will be a pair of C-17's, with C-130's in trail. Smaller big-ways between now and the record event.

I expect it was just coincidence that I received emails from P3 and WT on the same day:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

What, you didn't recieve the pre-paid tickets and $500 cash for accepting one? You must be slipping!

Amazing there are two events in play. In the end it will be great for big ways.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

World Team has announced a new large formation record attempt, in Qatar, with tentative dates of December 10-23, 2012. .

Hopefully, they'll get the record before the end of the world. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Unless it works to dilute the talent to the point that no one completes anything...:(

Unless it works to dilute the talent to the point that no one completes anything...:(

We're out of play due to financial / time constraints, but if we weren't we probably would have to pick just 1. And as you said, most people would probably have to do the same too.
Remster

Unless it works to dilute the talent to the point that no one completes anything...

Sure that could happen but TSR made it and so did the Phonix... the drama of the whole thing seems to be ending anyway.

I think BJ's 444 is prob more realistic to go to - from 400....but if he get's that how many people will go after the 500 a year later? The money and TIME off is going to be high for either group

>I think BJ's 444 is prob more realistic to go to - from 400....but if he
>get's that how many people will go after the 500 a year later?

Well, that's the problem. They can always get 500 people. But if only half the people on the 444-way can afford it, then they'll have to go way further down their list to get enough people. (True of both events.)

Unless it works to dilute the talent to the point that no one completes anything...

Sure that could happen but TSR made it and so did the Phonix... the drama of the whole thing seems to be ending anyway.

Well, it's a lot easier to find 200 skydivers capable of a 200 way than to find 500 (or 444) skydivers capable of a 500 (or 444) way.

Hey, they may even get so far down the list as to invite me!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hey, they may even get so far down the list as to invite me!

John likes to joke but obviously two groups will open more slots up. I have no idea how many big way folks would pony up the money to try and do both, of that group how many would BOTH organizing groups accept?

Of the established performers it MIGHT be a little easier to get a slot in either group than say in the past. While there will be a strict (I bet) selection process for both groups you might also see a little more "customer attitude" for the very high end big way jumper. There just aren't enough avaliable to have the rough attitude of that past. IMO

As far as success, I wouldn't bet against EITHER organizing group.