mdrejhon

Perris P3 Bigway Camp: Now I'm offered slot. Any carpool buddies to split costs?

Hello!

I've been on the waiting list for the P3 camp for ages. Just recently and unexpectedly, I got an email saying I have a slot available and I need to decide if I can pull this off. Good news, I think I can just about wiggle this out of my paycheque... Whoo hoo!

The airfares are only $400 to LAX (1.5-2 hours from Perris)
But $700 to Ontario/San Diego airport (45 minutes from Perris)
Now those costs are quite painful and I would like to avoid being the only person to rent a car.

Anybody else going (April 30 to May 4th) looking for carpool buddies? This will help determine which airport I fly into and when. Or should I go LAX and use the savings to rent a car... (and preferably share one)

PM me or post here. Let's cut costs.

There are quite a few LA area jumpers who post in the Bonfire. You might try a cross-post there. LAX to Perris is a good hour and a half to 2 hour drive. Maybe more, depending on traffic. It sucks donkey balls. I've heard of a transit system mentioned in here somewhere - buses or trains? I can't remember, but its something to think about as a last resort, short of getting a rental car.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hello,

Thanks for the responses. This is a real tough decision because it saves me a huge amount of money ($300) if I fly to LAX instead. That's enough for a car rental, even if I have to suffer two hours of traffic.

I certainly could be convinced to fly into Ontario and San Deigo...just would need guaranteed rides on the days I need, so that I don't need to take workdays off April 29th or May 5th. (I don't get paid for vacation days as I am a consultant)

Anybody flying into LAX from far away?

I saw this posted in the other thread:

1. take the shuttle from the airport to the Green line.

2. Take the Green Line to the Norwalk Metrolink station

3. Take Metrolink to Downtown Riverside

4. Take Metro 22 bus from the train station to Perris. The bus drops off in Perris, at the corner of 4th and Wilkerson, which is about five blocks from the DZ, and get someone to pick you up there.

The entire trip should cost you less than $15. Make sure you have a credit card at the metrolink station, because you buy tickets from a kiosk that usually doesn't take cash.

helpful websites:

http://www.metrolinktrains.com
http://www.riversidetransit.com/Home/index.html
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

OK, I'm back home! Thanks to everyone who helped me and gave me rides.

It was a great time, the best skydiving trip I've had -- and I now have a souvenir: A photographic print of my first complete 49-way!

Awesome! Craig O'Brien, right? He does great work. I'd like to see it. :)