rhys

Where is USA at the world cup this year?

I have just received the official list of competitors for the World Cup this year in Russia.

I was really surprised to find that the only team from the USA is a female freestyle team.

Is this a misprint?????Where is Airspeed, Deland fire etc.

It is always exciting to watch the top teams (especially in 4 way) battling it out for the gold medal.

Is this a financial or political thing? It truly is quite bizarre.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

It's more of a timing thing from what I understand, the 2 top teams in the US just returned from Russia for the Malevsky meet and are travelling to NC next week to compete again. this close to nationals competing at the WC would only wear the team out when they will most likely be in their final training camp for nats.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oh,

but aren't national competitions, preparation for world competitions?

I know the world championships is the premiere event but the World Cup would have to be the second.

Does the Malevsky meet have prize money for non European countries? If it does then that would explain it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

And qualification!

Bingo!!

In the US, you can win all the WC events you want, but if you don't win nats. you don't go to the WM, simply put. So straining yourself for one more medal in a year isn't worth burning yourself out for nats. That's the way I see it at least, top teams very well may have completely different take on the whole situation, I can't comment on it.

take care everyone

dan

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bingo!!

In the US, you can win all the WC events you want, but if you don't win nats. you don't go to the WM, simply put. So straining yourself for one more medal in a year isn't worth burning yourself out for nats. That's the way I see it at least, top teams very well may have completely different take on the whole situation, I can't comment on it.

That makes sense but having the National championships soon after World Competions seems silly. World Meets are always in early August are they not?

That makes sense but having the National championships soon after World Competions seems silly. World Meets are always in early August are they not?

Usually they are around that time of year, however for the US the nationals that takes place right after the WM every other year isn't a "selection" year.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sorry to be late on this thread - was away at the WC and this weekend at [part 1] of the UK Nationals.

UK top teams were also focussed on qualification for the next world meet. [A one week gap though.] This did not stop the UK having the second largest representation at the WC. At least at the moment the BPA sees the WC as an open opportunity for international exposure - if not for the top UK teams then for the best of who is interested. We got there by way of winning "AA" season last year. Our first "AAA" comp was in Stupino. Laugh if you want, we did OK. Name one decent USPA "AA" team last year who would have been bored by that tickle.

I simply don't believe that there were no US teams interested and able to compete at this year's WC. What about a guaranteed slot for the "Advanced" gold medalist? What the hey, also one for the top "AA" team. One slot left for the highest team interested. If the big boys want it, they can fight.

Personally I find it hard not to think that non-attendance by USPA at WC 2007 is a poor showing. The strongest skydiving membership in the world fails to find representation at the world cup?

If the big names find it dull then what about the rest of you? Dont piss about, let USPA know NOW you want in on the next WC.

Dru

ps You really want your team on the list, it's way worth it.

I agree.

Ok Airspeed, Fastrax, Golden Knights and Fury have good reasons for not attending the WC but what about the rest of you? Each country can send up to 4 teams to the World Cup. Did no one want to go?

You guys missed out on a great event.

Yeah, but those Irish were WAY the best drinkers... and no furniture issues either.

Hey, the Kiwi's were also class.

Still on the bottom line, the WC was dominated by the frogs - well done guys, truly inspiring. A full spread in all possible categories and over all total domination of the meet. Incredible. Impressive. And we loved the depth of the teams presented, not just your top teams. France has something enormous going on in FS. Will you show it at this years ESL finals?

Dru (Honorary rossbif)

PS I still have this vodka ache at the back of my skull that goes "Hyabussa - Team Spirit!" Wonder where that came from?

PPS Those Irish were still the best drinkers.