AMax

Block 2 exit

Imagine this as rotating your upper body down the line of flight while
maintaining the sidebody and simultaneously rotating you legs up around your
hips while feeding the OC [should be IC?] your right leg up the line of flight.

Just a thought.
I wonder if pressing the right foot against the front of the door (in the upper corner) would help to unfold the legs. Tried using elevator door - seems to make sense, however I am not sure if IC would be comfortable taking a donut grip.

Excellent advice, Greuni, as should be expected. ;-)

There's alot of focus on tail slot here, but this is a four-way exit, requiring all 4 to work together. Your point flyer doing tail duty needs to anchor the piece and pull down hard on exit -- try to tip the piece into a good presentation. The OC should exit out in a dive, NOT jump up or out too far. IC needs to try to get up and bring the leg grip with. Tail is thereby helped in proper presentation: the sidebody grips on OC should be downhill, and with point bringing your leg up, you just have to work with them and do as DVG suggests. If the other guys come off flat, you're hosed, and there's not alot you can do. Work on timing, also. If tail leaves ahead of OC, it will be difficult to present well.

I flew this exit as point, and felt I had alot of control over presentation of the piece. If point gets down quickly and pulls the formation, it will help overcome a weaker exit by the rest. But point has to really work to climb the hill upon the break. That said, as point, I preferred the 'Airspeed exit', with point inside the plane. Doing the block was a cinch. But both exits work well, as evidenced by the split decisions of the top teams.

-- Dave