cwhitchurch

looking for Jerry Bird

Howdy,

The club calendar is a little light on the RW side this year. So I'm looking for some organizers that either havn't been here, or haven't been here in quite a while. Anybody know how I can find Jerry Bird?

Also, I'd love to hear any reviews of weekends he's organized jumps. If you don't want your review public, feel free to email me directly. [email protected]

thanks,

-christian

Howdy,

The club calendar is a little light on the RW side this year. So I'm looking for some organizers that either havn't been here, or haven't been here in quite a while. Anybody know how I can find Jerry Bird?

Also, I'd love to hear any reviews of weekends he's organized jumps. If you don't want your review public, feel free to email me directly. [email protected]

thanks,

-christian

Saw him at ZHills recently, but I don't think he's jumping.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I hate to hear that. I hope Jerry returns to the air soon. I've looked up to the great Jerry Bird since the 70's. I wonder how Ray Cottingham is doing. He's another one of my heroes. It's the shits getting old...Steve1

I felt I had reached the pinnacle of the sport when I went to one of Jerry's weekend boogies in Pahokee
and He remembered my name after almost a year had passed. He is a great organizer at anything I have ever jumped at with him!!!!!!
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

bird retired...sold his stuff. he's getting to spend more time with his kids now and i'm sure he's loving that. i still got to see him a couple weekends back at zhills hanging out, though.

bird's a good man....

I wonder how Ray Cottingham is doing. He's another one of my heroes.

Ray's doing great and still jumping here in So.Cal. He was just here for the last NSL-SSL competition at Perris...shooting video, of course. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I hate to hear that. I hope Jerry returns to the air soon. I've looked up to the great Jerry Bird since the 70's. I wonder how Ray Cottingham is doing. He's another one of my heroes. It's the shits getting old...Steve1

Ray jumps the Wuest Ways at Elsinore every 2 to 3 weeks. Makes 4, 5 or 6 six jumps a day and packs his own canopy. He is someone we can all look up to and not just for his jumping.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

bird's a good man....

I should probably post this in History and trivia or something.

I met him in Pahokee end of 2001.

The attached picture was taken early morning on the 31st of December of that year. I had gotten a phone call the previous day. My father had passed away and I had to return urgently to South Africa.
I was walking around the dropzone, still somewhat in shock, and there was Jerry.
We had quite a chat; I spoke about my father and he told me of the regrets he had regarding his kids. Glad to hear that he is getting to spend more time with them.
I had about 70 odd jumps at the time and didn't realize then what a legend he is. I was on a very tight budget (was looking for packing work in fact) and was being very stingy with the little I had. Now I kick myself for not having just done that one jump.

A very good man indeed...
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

I pm'ed the carbones about two weeks ago to see if they had seen him recently and haven't heard back yet.
That sure was early (or still late) for Jerry. ;)
I got to hang out with him a little when he was in Pahokee.
We had a blast...
Anyone seen him recently at Zhills??
lt
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

hey, i saw bird the weekend before thanksgiving in deland. we were doing 100-ways and jerry came out on that saturday to say hi to everyone. i have never seen him better!! :)
jerry went thru a lot of b.s. just prior, but all that is done, he is happy, his life is great and the smile on his face was priceless. :)

btw, he's still living in zhills....what a good man he is!!!