skydance1954

Old Dive Pools

Also interested. Things like Star-Start, Danish Tee-Bipole, Helix are always good to know for interesting new dives.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Tried...they don't keep them. :( I think asking around is the best way, probably.

On a separate but related note...would anyone here be interested in doing a meet that consisted of ONLY old blocks and randoms? Like if we could dig up a bunch of old dive pools and make sure the draw consisted of mostly (if not all) the old stuff?

Just wondering...I think it might be pretty cool.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

On a separate but related note...would anyone here be interested in doing a meet that consisted of ONLY
old blocks and randoms?

Just for fun my team did a training jump with Sat Sat in it and Spinner...When someone saw it and asked what we were doing that for...We told them we were training for the 95 Nationals.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Some of them

Black Hole-Bipole
Open Stairstep-Compressed Stairstep
Snow-Box
Snow-Snow
Side Flake Donut-Side Flake Opal
Star-Star
Donut-540-Donut
Danish T-Bipole
Satellite-Satellite
Open Accordian-Stairstep Diamond

Some Randoms:
Twins
Helix
Zoo
Spinner

I have been doing 4way too long.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

i'm still upset about the snow-snow

Yeah, but it was way to fast...it was almost hard to judge.

It was the block nr 1. snowflake-snowflake
http://www.wcfauna.ee/~peedu/fs4/1/dp1.jpg

The block started as snowflake-offset would start, but after the center grip is released and there are two 2way cats relatively shifted a bit and the tails of these cats are releasing their cat grip and turning on a way that they offer their legs for a cat grip to the head of the other cat pair... so there is a new cat-cat form which can be closed to a new snowflake. By cheating with the grips this block was really fast and very sensitive for staging. I liked it

z

Bump, I remember this post

I was at Lodi last month. A guy (a very good cameraman with a locker) there has a pool from the early 1980's

I'm not local, but if someone is around there, you can find him, a blow up of one of the pages is hanging on the wall near the ceiling above his locker.

I bet he'd let you copy it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants