KATO33

How to start a 4-way

I'm thinking of getting together a 4-way team? How would one go about selecting the members?
Most talented?
Most even fall rate?
Most compatible personalities?

Just wondering what the criteria should be based on.

Blue Skies Black Death

http://www.dropzone.com/safety/articles/FormingaTeam.shtml

My 2c;
Similar goals are critical, part of this is similar $. Set training dates early in the piece. Get everyone together with diary and make them mark in training days. Decide early on coach and camera. Ideally your camera should be part of your team - rather than a hired gun; Although you'll probably still have to pay slot.

Finding other people is often easier than you think; Just ask round at the DZ. Everyone knows someone who wants to do a team!

Take eagerness and commitment over talent. Nice to have a skygod, but if they are off washing their car every weekend they ain't much use!

Easygoing people are a must for a team.

You might want to consider a player coach - although this will raise the expense by alot.

Fall rate can be solved by weights and some "getting to know you jumps"

Just remember the four A's:

Attitude
Availability
Affluence
Ability

I think similar goals is probably the most important, but don't pussy-foot around the $$$$ issue; it can cause nightmares later on down the line if someone's idea of what is meant by 'spend a shitload on 4way' is not the same as someone else's...

Good luck, hope it works out :)
TWKD