rmcvey

fall rates

I weigh in at 135lbs standing 5'11". I have problems with fall rate too, but I have fun with it.

I do alot of jumps working on fall rate. i will often times find a 2 or 4 way willing to let me chase them. I give a brief delay out the door before diving after them. Spend the first part of the jump diving like hell then the second half going up and down the "elevator" from a short distance almost like a camera flyer. i use them as a reference to work on fall rate and side slide etc.

I did several coached/video jumps working on diving to formations and fall rate and theyu helped tons. I would mention that getting down to a formation can sometimes be easier than staying down w/ it. I still have problems with starting to float up as i approach a formation form an even plane. Seems like verytime I put my legs out for forward motion up I go. I compnesate by bringing my arms and elbows in. Almost like touching your elbows together on your chest. This position is similar to the "mantis" position.

kwak
Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the hammer sometimes your the nail. Question is Hun, Do you wanna get hammered or do you wanna get nailed?????

I'm in about the same boat as you I weigh 130 lbs and I'm about 5'7.

Eating more just makes me have to visit the dz toliet more.... in most dz's that's not the friendliest place..

I wear at least 6 lbs of weight and add more if I'm going to do anything faster. Try to keep the weight you are jumping with constant as much as possible.. don't remove the weights for a 2 way keep the speed up so you don't confuse your self.

Trying too hard to ditch weights when you should be wearing em will just teach you bad habbits, even the lightest guy can keep up with a 130+ mph dive by pulling their legs and arms out of the windstream and arching but generally docking is an issue in this position. Remember that the lead you throw on will count towards your exit weight throwing on 10-20lbs is pretty much the same as downsizing esp on the already smaller canopies that most of us lighter jumpers jump.

The other thing I noticed when I started to wear the right amount of weight was that I had to be carefull to not over amp when trying to sink into my slot... it can be hard to give up the idea that you have to arch with all you have to sink a few feet ;)