keithbar

collapsible slider

I helped a friend pack a pd 300 the other day . that had a 32 inch collapsible p.c. on it. I told him to get the best swoop he should get a slider to:P:P
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

SkymonkeyONE

The military rigs I work with everyday have both kill-line PC's and collapsible sliders.

damn I stand corrected do so the smart ass remark. that I made was actually good advice.B| but seriously do you think there's much of a performance increase? this guy is maybe loading this 300 at .6 I know a guy in full combat gear with all kinds of ammo would be at a much higher wing loading. I could see it helping at that point
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Collapsible slider creates less wear on the lines.
So in my opinion, it's worth it.

Not sure about the kill-line PC if that has any other advantages other than performance. Perhaps less wear on the topskin on the parachute?

But either way, I still think it's worth it.
The habbit of pulling the PC when packing and making sure it catches air is a good habbit.
If he/she buys other gear this habbit might save them a repack.

Less changes when you jump new gear is generally a safer transission, so having no kill-line and non collapsible slider as your first rig can give you 'bad' habbits.
I believe most rigs have those two features as standard on new rigs so why change it?