vertigofreefly

Electronic swoop entry gates

The entry gates that beep are the speed timers. They are also places at the exit gates. THe ones I have seen over here and Dubai are made by Tag Heuer and they are not cheap. Probably looking at $6-$7k for the setup. Good luck.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Two years ago I made electronic gates With a siren and an LED light.

The total cost was around $800CAD.
I got a board from an set up from a Alarm and safety shop.
Then got two expensive sensor A sender with a custom relayed on it and a receiver then put it all together with a 12V battery and it works like a charm.

vertigofreefly

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where I could purchase the electronic entry gate bleepers from, or are they easy to make?

For the CP Champs & cup when in SA we used a local system (I think called Speedtimingsystems). Was super easy to use and very accurate.

Now I see the same system was used in Dubai mondeal and Russia.

The guy that does them is moonjumpster. Do search on DZ.com and ask him price etc.

Contact Michael Wilson-Roberts on FB if you are still interested in a set of entry gates.
He has a set for sale (the last ones he will ever make, I believe!)
They come in at around £550.
Brian Vacher has been using his gates since 2006 and there are several sets in use worldwide. (Used to be sold on here!)
He jumps at Sibson and uses his own set there from time to time if you want to try them out first.

Anyone ever use a GoPro mounted on the gates? You wouldn't know immediately but you could go back and review the tape to see if you broke the plane of the gates and then just delete the empty footage. I don't have a Black edition but if you can operate it with your phone then it can be turned on and off remotely. Just a thought to not spend $5k. :S

Kurbe105

Anyone ever use a GoPro mounted on the gates? You wouldn't know immediately but you could go back and review the tape to see if you broke the plane of the gates and then just delete the empty footage. I don't have a Black edition but if you can operate it with your phone then it can be turned on and off remotely. Just a thought to not spend $5k. :S

it's for timing speed runs not just seeing if they made the entry gates. time starts when entry gate it triggered and time stops when the exit gate is triggered.