cwhitchurch

Who's doing D-bag research?

yeah, from what I have heard...I think that they are designed to be used with a specific size canopy...I am not sure if they are testing a downsized canopy for the bag...we will just have to wait and see. I am really interested to see what happens in the long term...how well are these tuck tabs going to stand up to 100s if not 1000s of jumps.

Yeah I saw it. It was by Sunpath because Sebastain XL come to Sibson for 4 way coaches. Seb XL is sponsoring by Sunpath. I saw Peter Allum, John McIver and Rob Stevenson packed their chute in this totally rubber band free D-bag. Lucky them cos we still end up with sore fingers! I'm not sure if it's open for anyone who want it. Why don't you contact Sunpath about it and come back to us?

Little quicker to pack??? It takes stowing the lines a total of about 30 seconds from the first "stow" till they put it in the container. I would say much quicker!!!

Not to mention the time it takes to replace broken stow bands every few jumps. (Which includes the time to run around searching for one since you used your last one on the previous jump :)

yeah, from what I have heard...I think that they are designed to be used with a specific size canopy...I am not sure if they are testing a downsized canopy for the bag...we will just have to wait and see. I am really interested to see what happens in the long term...how well are these tuck tabs going to stand up to 100s if not 1000s of jumps.

Well this is part of why sunpath is still TESTING.

However, why should a well made tuck tab wear out so soon?
They already have them on the main pin protection flap, and the riser covers and they stand up to 1000s of jumps.

Sure they might wear out. Then you replace them.

From what I saw, the "locking stows" are replaced by a long tab that more resembles the top of a toggle. It goes into a long elastic stow and the lines make a sort of figure 8 around them.

The rest of the lines are freestowed in a pocked that has a big wide tuck tab to keep it closed. This is why there wont likely be any line dump.

the guys jumping them are getting close to at least 1000 jumps using them, so the data is out there already.

on another note, I know some folks that have sewn Zpo fabric inside the D-bag to help get the canopy in easier (slippery).

That is actually my design (well to me at least.) Im not saying anyone else might not have thought of it.
But 2 years ago I was packing for a teammate and he had a zp bag, it was extremely easy to put the oversized canopy into the bag, so I asked Niklas from Relative why they didn't make bag's out of zp anymore. He informed me that they dont last long enough, so I was in the process of getting a new rig,
so I asked Niklas (My teammate) if I could get a bag made for me with a Zp liner.

I am glad to say that it work's great. Feedback from everyone that packed my rig (and it had a canopy that was too big for it) said it made a huge difference. It was originally thought that it wouldnt last that long but I have put 250 jumps on it and it is still in excellent condition. As of now I dont think that anyone is offering this mod, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Also it has to be done when the bag is made.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!