h83

comp velocity

The rears are better on the JVX, but not by a huge amount. They are pretty strong on the comp Velo.

I think the Comp Velo is better than a regular Velo. The rears are much better, which was my major beef with the regular Velo, and it seems more efficient to me. I have no regrets about buying one.

My only hitch right now is that the one time I took it to terminal it spanked me. I wasn't using the little plastic snaps, though. I am going to keep playing with it...the sub termianl openings are like the best thing that ever happened to me.

"Holy s*** that was f***in' cold!"

Got mine on Thurday and did 6 jumps on it the weekend.
Jump a regular 96 for work and the new comp velo is 96 also.
Openings are super great ( all sub terminal)

Up high : pretty much like the regular velo

Down low : More dive than my regular velo. Strong rears, but they seem lighter on feel to me. Can ride the rears much longer than my regular velo.

I am super impressed and really enjoyed all 6 jumps.
Now I will have to save up for an 84. Dammit.
Thank you PD.
“It takes ten years to get ten years’ experience” Eric "tonto" Stephenson D515 PASA

Anyone using it with a standard slider, it's an option according to the trimchart but in a different size.
One might buy a competition velo instead of the regular velo based on the fact that it's supposed to open better, and don't want the hassle of an removable slider during everyday jumping.
//JF

if someone were to buy with 500HMA and a regular slider you could use for everyday jumping...but like Dave said it's intentions are for competition swooping.

i love mine and this last sunday i went the furthest i have ever gone. granted it was a down winder up here in colorado but that 71 can move fast and far, and the bottom end lift on it was amazing. :)

Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

if someone were to buy with 500HMA and a regular slider you could use for everyday jumping...but like Dave said it's intentions are for competition swooping.

i love mine and this last sunday i went the furthest i have ever gone. granted it was a down winder up here in colorado but that 71 can move fast and far, and the bottom end lift on it was amazing. :)

I know it's a competition canopy. But if someone is willing to pay the extra$, and get one with 500HMA and regular slider and use it as a everyday canopy. What are the drawbacks? The way i se it you get better openings than a regular Velo and more performance out of it.
I jump a standard Velo and really don't care for the openings.
//JF

I know it's a competition canopy. But if someone is willing to pay the extra$, and get one with 500HMA and regular slider and use it as a everyday canopy. What are the drawbacks?

none that i could see if you're willing to pay the extra $. like i said i love mine
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down