shah269

It's that time of year again...

So would all the GoPro footage! :P:ph34r:

A little intro talking to the camera and then some 1st person footage up the ladder . . Now that would funny! :D

Hu....but you know the video would have to be in slow motion so I can look bad ass!

Every step of the way!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

So would all the GoPro footage! :P:ph34r:

A little intro talking to the camera and then some 1st person footage up the ladder . . Now that would funny! :D

Hu....but you know the video would have to be in slow motion so I can look bad ass!

Every step of the way!

...as long as you're up there grab a paint brush!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

And paint in slow motion?

What are your thoughts on watching videos of people landing?

I know we talked about the gopro not being perfect and every one lands differently?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

And paint in slow motion?

I know we talked about the gopro not being perfect and every one lands differently?

Personally I think it is a waste of time. The only way to get better at landing, is to get off your arse and jump. If money and the cold are an issue, do hop and pops.

Also remember that landing is a dynamic and interactive process. It is completely different landing in no wind to a 15 knot wind, dz altitude and temperature also affect things.

Sounds OK to me.

Of course it is no guarantee that the viewer won't himself screw up, or be able recognize his own mistakes or avoid them. Those are additional levels of perception and ability.

But if one isn't great at landings it can help reinforce ideas in one's mind.

If you have the right kind of videos, you get to see those one-arm-down "gusts"; the flares not fully completed; stabbing of toggles; the effect of having the chest strap spread to help get one's C of G above one's feet; sticking one foot out to save a landing instead of PLFing, how it is harder to run out a landing even a little if one is dropping down rather than just putting one's feet down like landing gear; etc.

... all the sorts of things you might have heard about but don't automatically come to mind if you weren't already watching a lot of landings.

Since this post i have been a lazy mofo!
Read Brian Germains book again...ok
But only repacked my parachute 4 times. What a lazy fuck right! Shit I use to be able to pack in 15min now I'm all back up the buss and fucked up.