doug925

I would like recommendations on a Canopy Course, please.

I (begrudgingly) had to miss Germain's canopy course done at my home DZ, SDSL in late May.
My fiancee did not want me to jump just a week prior to our wedding. :S
Part of my deal with her for having to cancel my plans to attend the canopy course, was that I would probably have to travel to another dropzone where I could take the course.

Soooo, now that I am married and can get away, where should I go to take some canopy control training?

I see Brian in out of the country for a while, so any other schools come to mind?

* I primarily want to learn to be safer while under canopy, and to start to learn more advanced controlling techniques. *

Thanks,

Doug.
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

Scott Miller no longer does the courses. I believe he is preparing a DVD though.

edit: If there's no one locally who offers a good course, I believe Luigi Cani and Brian Germain are the only 2 people touring around the US doing classes right now.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

What about the PD guys, like they did with the three day course in Sebastian last year? I heard there were a couple of those this year also.

I can't pretend to speak for them, and I know JT runs a few Flight-1 courses out of Elsinore, but I'm not sure how much of their time is spent on 'Essentials' courses. I know they do them, but it's not a full time gig that I'm aware of.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Scott Miller no longer does the courses. I believe he is preparing a DVD though.

edit: If there's no one locally who offers a good course, I believe Luigi Cani and Brian Germain are the only 2 people touring around the US doing classes right now.

Blues,
Ian

Cani uses Scott Miller's training videos/diagrams in his class.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

What about the PD guys, like they did with the three day course in Sebastian last year? I heard there were a couple of those this year also.

Just took course from JC. very good course. I think the PD guys will come to you with the correct amount of jumpers. I did not set ours up but JC came to Skydive Dallas. Did not know that Scott is no longer doing the course, i have taken his also and it is a very good course also.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!