superstu

another cypres question

I have an opportunity to get a cypres with one year left on it for $350, and the person I talked to said that once the life is up I can give it back to him and he will take $50 off of a brand new one. What's everyone's thoughts on this, is it a good deal?
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Using the Used CYPRES Value Estimator Using $975 as cost of a new one, $170 as cost of maintenance & shipping, & $75 as cost of a new battery, assuming 12 months of service, maintenance, and battery life left, the CYPRES of which you speak is worth $140.83. On top of that, rumor from very good sources has it that SSK will announce at PIA this month a rebate through authorized dealers for CYPRES units that have reached the end of their service life, which I have heard to be higher than $50. My advice is to offer him no more than $140 provided it will not need a new battery before it goes out of service, and decline the $50 off discount for the new replacement. You can make a better deal when the time comes. I will pM you with some other suggestions.:)

Arrive Safely

John

Call Ed at 1-888-RIGGING and ask him what his current price for new ones is. I'm sure you'll be paying more than 1/3 of what his new price is. You shouldn't pay that much for a CYPRES unit with 1/12 of its life-span left.
As many have said before, the price quoted is way too high for a CYPRES with that little time left.
---
Unanswered questions are far less dangerous than unquestioned answers

Is there a way to test a used cypres before you actually buy one? Kind of like jumping a used rig that one is thinking about buying, or is it basically, if the cypres calibrates correctly when turned on it should be good to go?
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Is there a way to test a used cypres before you actually buy one? Kind of like jumping a used rig that one is thinking about buying, or is it basically, if the cypres calibrates correctly when turned on it should be good to go?

Like the other guy said; if it counts down to zero it's good to go then and there according to Airtec.
Problem is, you don't know whether it will be good to go the next day. Sure, the countdown stops to let you know the voltage of the battery, but that's no guarantee of it having enough voltage the next day.

If all you're concerned with is whether it works or not, regardless of say battery life, then yes a startup will let you know that. But again, that's only then and there and does not guarantee that it will work the next time you start it.
---
Unanswered questions are far less dangerous than unquestioned answers