crewkeith

would there be intrest???

im thinking of an open distance comp. 2 rounds of standard distance with no restrictions on weight or wing, then 3 rounds of reverse distance like the ranch does. point of contact to the end of the pond, constant contact. maybe.... idesa sugesstions coments, put them up here,

The skies are no longer safe

I'm back

What I´d like to do would be a "distance-only-competition" (with weight restrictions).
Every competitors would be allowed to do as many jumps as he wants all weekend long, only the longest single run of each competitor counts.
And - to make it "perfect" - we´d go downwind all the time, if the wind is changing we go opposite way as well, that would be awesome.

I like your idea, but why two and three? And why no restrictions on weight/wing? it will become a little dangerous and somewhat unfair - especially if someone will bring a powered paraglider :)) And also will render the results of such comp useless as far as FAI/IPC/records or what have you.

But the idea is excellent, the current scheme of things (Speed, Distance, Accuracy) is a little dated, we need something fresh.

How about a trial run of "Distance Only" comp right AFTER the CPC/PST/Nationals? The reason why AFTER is because you will have lots of pilots there and they will be current with lots of practice jumps at Mile Hi, used to that altitude. You will also have all the judges on hand to log a record should one be established.

Make it a 4 jump comp - two each way as you suggested. Count total or single longest run. Unlimited jumps? i dont think staff judging such a comp will like to be there all weekend :) Use FAI/IPC regulations on weight and course set up. I think even if it's not official, it would be a lot of fun - sign me up :)