NewClearSports

Swoop only Risers

I'm in the process of building a Swoop only Rig.
The container is Javalin. The Main is a JVX Hybrid.
I'm not using a RDS now, but plan to in the future.
I need to order a custom set of risers
any input, suggestions would be appreciated!!
My Questions are Ideal Length, Best style Dive Loop or Ledges, Steel or Plastic Hard Housings, Best or Best Value Rigger to order from & Contact info?
Also very important to me is to have an excellent toggle stow, as my only 2 ever mals have been popped toggle.
Thanks for your help!

I like the Velocity Sports risers. Especailly after seeing more then one set of risers from other companies have the tacking come loose and the hard housing work its way into the 3-ring loop. The toggles are lacking on the Velocity Sports risers, so that's a disappointment, however, I'm also a huge fan of Sunrise Rigging's dive loops. So I had a special set of 25" risers ordered from Velocity Sports that had Sunrise Rigging's style of dive loops built. We used type 4 instead of whatever smaller width webbing that Sunrise uses.

If I could get a set of Velocity Sports risers with RWS toggles with the pin and the dive loops like I like them, then that would be the ultimate set of risers for me.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The toggles are lacking on the Velocity Sports risers, so that's a disappointment, however,

Funny you say that. The toggles are the EXACT reason why I love the Velocity Sports Risers. They're great for freestyle and far bigger than any of the others I've jumped.

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

Funny you say that. The toggles are the EXACT reason why I love the Velocity Sports Risers. They're great for freestyle and far bigger than any of the others I've jumped.

That's what I love about this sport and swooping especially. It works for one person, doesn't work for another...its such an individual discipline in skydiving.:)
Personally I like smaller toggles that "lock" onto the palm of my hands. Then again, I'm not dropping toggles to do freestyle moves yet. I'm just not that cool.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dudes and various Dudettes,

As far as risers go I use the Sunpath risers 24". If I could have anything I would use the RWS capped cable housing style inserts, the Sunpath Front dive loops, the VSE toggles but I would have them made of some thicker material like the crew dudes do so that there is some girth to them. In Colorado it has a tendancy to get a little chilly so I jump with some thicker gloves in the winter time. Toggle girth is good.