freeflir29

Canopy comparison:Velocity vs. Vengeance?

In an article, he explained that he needed all his experience not to get in trouble, because the wing was so radical, and that in his opinion jumping a Velocity under at least 300 jumps a year was asking for trouble...

A Velocity is certainly a handful, jumping and flying a Velocity is not that big of a deal..

Landing a Velocity.. well.. its not a big deal either, so far I have found the Velo to be the best landing parachute I have ever had, although I have to say.. it comes in with the speeds of a formula 1 race car even with minimal input.

I think the real danger with a Velo at low jumpers / low experience has been posted already on here by CCQ a while back.. everything happens so much faster, flying in the pattern with other people, negotiating the patern with other people, all those things happen so insanely fast that you really have to be on top of your game at all times.. and you can only be like that after lots of jumps and being VERY current.
That to me is the biggest challenge with this parachute, make sure I blend in with the rest of the people in the pattern, even though my parachute flies twice as fast..

I wasn't going to reply to this because it's an old post and I rarely reply anyway.

The only reason I even opened this post was because it was amusing to me that someone wanted to compare a Velocity to a Vengenace. I've owned a Vengenace in the past put 300-400 jumps on it. I've never jumped a Velocity but I can tell you there is NO COMPARISON. I have jumped the Xaos, VX, and own a JVX and I have more than 1000 high performance landings.

The fact that you are asking the question shows to me that you should not be jumping a Velocity or any Cross Braced for that matter. Your responses to this thread are Red Flags for anyone with experience in this sport that you should not jump a higher performance wing than what you currently have.

I put allot of jumps on my old Vengence in turbulent choppy winds, No Winds, Down Winds, Cross Winds. And it flew great. But then again I actually put enough jumps on it to learn the canopy. You have not.

If you continue your progression with your lack of experience, currency, and irreverence for the advice of Experts. You will get hurt. Did you know that you got advice from atleast 3 PST competitors that I can count on this thread.

Learn to take some advice Dude. Stick with what you got or call Chuck Blue for a reasonable canopy.

Hope you don't get hurt.

Harry P