skydivexxl

NorCal CPC #3

Canopy Piloting Circuit #3 is this Saturday, 5/20 in Byron, with Sunday
5/21 as a weather day. We are looking to be wheels up @ 10am this time, so please be there by 9:30am so we can get the groups organized. Please bring $100 cash ($150 if you have yet to register w/ CPC for the season) for the 6 Hop and Pops.

As usual, we are looking for judges. Let me know if you can help out.

Meet #4 in Davis has somehow landed on the same weekend as the American Boogie. (Oops!) Probably not going to work! I will verify a new date this weekend (probably July 1st). Please let me know if there are any conflicts you may have.

Cheers!

Andy D

Blog Clicky

I'm still recovering from Bay to Breakers, so this will be short and sweet.

Congrats to Connie Krusi on her victory in Saturdays CPC @ Byron! She said she found her groove at the last comp in Davis and definitely proved it this weekend! Thanks to all who competed, judged and helped out. Full results are attached.

1 Connie Krusi
2 Adam Teeling
3 Rob Pooley
4 Andy De Mars
5 Thom Van O's
6 Renaud-Roland Hubert

Blog Clicky

Wow, these scores really show how consistency can win a meet. Adam Teeling was stealing the show until he got a 0 in the first round of zone accuracy.

I'm curious, though, what happened in the first zone accuracy round? Connie was the only one to score in that round.

The uppers picked up and people were getting held back on base leg. I missed judged the setup and ended up low and bailed from a left 450 to a right 270. Ended up looking at the course from so far away. A vertical didn't even enter my thoughts. I barely made it to zone 1. The vertical was very close and took alot of review. Of course i think i was in :) If only i would have dropped my foot a few inches, doh. Grats to Connie, way to kick some ass and hit those gates.

Thanks for the pictures.... I didn't even realize we were spied by paparazies :P
So you like the way I run through the course to make the finish line :$
This event was really good for me I only had 10 jumps on that canopy (use to fly a Stiletto). It was the perfect event to dedicate 6 jumps on to swooping. Even if I verticaled the 2 distance runs, I did pass the gate for the accuracy but never made it out of the no mans land...
Well like I said it was great learning experience and loads of fun!
Thanks all see you next round B|

--
Renaud SMA #9
"Mind is like parachute. It only functions when it's open."

He's not gay... just French!

Looks more he's special. ;)

Congrats to Connie for her win. I was looking at the scores and her results were very good. Low 3s on speed, mid 200s on distance and good zone accuracy scores. Plus she was the only competitor to fly clean for all six rounds. She's an inspiration to all aspiring female swoopers and a wake up call to us guys. How many of these Nor-Cal folks are planning on being in CO in August?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Looks like they verticaled.

Is that an official verb now? Like femor?

Just stuck in "No-mans-land". There's LOTS of ways to get a zero in Accuracy. I found two on Saturday...

And yes, they are now both verbs, but I'd much rather Vertical than Femur!

Blog Clicky