masterrigger1

Technora (HMA) Users!

I bought a VX 87 from mel with the Technora line set (HMA) and i think it is the most bad ass line set out on the market.I can see a deference in speed,destence,and performance.If it was up to me all HI performance canopies should have this line set.Some people think that the line set is not a good idea because it doesn`t last long(WRONG)this line set has lasted more than 800 jumps longer than the other HMA line sets.I will always send my canopies to mel for the line sets if you are smart you will too.
-Ryan Clough

Also to answer Paul Rossouw`s guestion I have not had any tention nots yet"KNOCK ON WOOD".Just make shure you make clean line stows.Mel has also got me to do some tests on my VX with turbalence and that canopy cuts through turbalence and strong winds like a charm.MEL how is my VX 104 treating you?

Mel,

My Crossfire2 will be due a reline soon, do you think there's any advantage to HMA over putting vectran back on? My loading is not super high, around 1.7, but I like the idea of a little extra speed and distance.

Thanks,

Gus
OutpatientsOnline.com

I said that this line set has lasted more than 700+ jumps not nessarlly my canopy but the canopys around me that have the same line set from mel.Like Kenny,chuck,junior,me,and you.out of all those canopys, this line set has lasted more than 700+ jumps.
-Ryan

Gus,
That is a good question.

Also the next question is raised. Will the CPC Non - crossbraced canopies be allowed to be "pimped up" with Technora and RDS systems???

Advantages- Longer line life - faster - goes further distances

Disadvantages - higher inital cost of the line set, more attention to detail while packing and stowing the lines, higher probablity of line breakage if you do have a tension knot.

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service
"The Icarus Service Center"
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

You must not keep up with the line sets very well because kenny has 700+ on his right now,chuck has about 500+ now,and I have about 150-200 on mine.Get of my case. I know that this tipe of line set is long lasting so let me give MEL props on his line set.You need to keep up with this stuff more if you are gooing to post about it.>:(