chayes12

2006 Florida Swoop Schedule

OK here we go.
We will be starting a little earlier this year.
I am only going to post the first date for right now as it is confirmed. We are still working on some of the other location details, but for now Round 1 of the Florida CPC will be

February 18 at Lake Wales
More info soon

Competition costs will be the same as last year.

$65 registration for the year. This is for members who are planning on competing for the season and the overall Florida championship and who are planning to attend the Colorado event.

Competition fees will be $75 registration per comp plus the cost of 6 jumps ($165) Some DZ's are charging more than $15 for hop and pops now, but I am working it out so that it will be $15 for our comps.

Are there any changes to the way pro (or pro eligible) pilots will compete as guests in the CPC? Just jump costs?

Glad to see the 2 regions merging, I hope that there will be a good balance between the meets in the GA, TN, FL and AL regions as I hope to see good representation and attendence from ALL the regions from both the pilot perspective as well as the venue choice.

Blues.
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer

We will allow pros to compete and be eligible for prize money the same as we have always done at our meets here. All of you guys who have competed here with us in the past know the drill. You have all been involved in discussions about this with our group from the south east that have been doing this for three years now and I think everyone still agrees.
Pros or top 10 CPC will hit 5 ft gates and be eligible for prize money. Amateurs will use the 10 ft gates and are also eligible for prize money and will acrue points. The top amateur finsher in the comp will receive 1st place points towards the overall South East Championship and the 2006 Championship Belt.
You all know our prizes vary depending on attendance, but here is an idea.
If we get 20 competitors the prize money will be
1st $700
2nd $400
3rd $200
I haven't released the rest of the schedule yet, but some locations will be putting up some cash too so there could be more

Round 1 Lake Wales Feb 18
Hope to see and fly with you all!!

Pros or top 10 CPC will hit 5 ft gates and be eligible for prize money. Amateurs will use the 10 ft gates and are also eligible for prize money and will acrue points.

so, I take it that Im not going to be a cpc competitor, or a "pro" competitor "unless I run a qualifier course?

thats fuckin bullshit.

I will be at as many of the southeast CPC meets I can be at this year. Just because I want to compete. so I will see ya soon.

the rules say, top 10 from last year, must run a qualifier to go pro, or get first to get automatic pro card. or go back into the cpc.

Im not in this to get a pro card, Im in it for the competition.

if we are "too good" to be in the cpc, then I need my pro card handed to me, that means Im qualified. so why run a "qualifier?"

then I need my pro card handed to me

No one needs to hand anything to you. It is not a right.

Now, notice that no one is saying that you can't compete, or that you can't compete in the finals - simply that you are not eligible for 'standings'. Now if that's not good enough for you then you're a perfect example of why there needs to be some sort of guideline on who gets to repeat the CPC over and over and over again.

Blues.

Now if that's not good enough for you then you're a perfect example of why there needs to be some sort of guideline on who gets to repeat the CPC over and over and over again.

and exactly why the fuck wouldnt that be good enough for me?

the rules need to be changed...

IF I or "YOU" are too good to be in the cpc, then we need to be in pro.

but that isnt where you or I are, is it?

IF I or "YOU" are too good to be in the cpc, then we need to be in pro.

but that isnt where you or I are, is it?

I'll be going for my pro card this year. I will also be attending the CPC meets, whenever possible, as a guest.

Personally I'd like to give someone else a chance. I had my turn and I didn't win but I did well enough to advance. I plan to. No one can make you do anything the rules don't state, but that doesn't make what you're doing any less shitty.

Blues.

edit: Try and tone down the language ;)

I'm there, and I'm bringgin' the pain beotches.......I should arrive with the current FLCPC Champion as I have bben retained to guard the belt and maintain order on the autograph line. That and whoop some candy ass I love you all....see you there.

LOUD DAN out.........

Coming soon to a bowl of Wheaties near you!!

I should arrive with the current FLCPC Champion as I have bben retained to guard the belt and maintain order on the autograph line.

I want Tyler to autograph my ass :D

See you there dude. Looking forward to flying with you all again.

Blues.

Curious, that's all. I just wanted to see which competitors who placed in the top 10 in Denver would be returning as guests. Tyler was ranked 9th, according to the standings on cp.com.

I'm just not exactly clear on the guidelines as to who has to compete as what. I also wanted to see who would just be doing it anyway, even though technically they don't have to.

Ones that I know of:

Already Pro qualified
Brian McNenny (I'm sure we'll see him at a few CPC events)

Plans on Pro card Qualification
Nick Batch
Stu Schoenfeld
Chuck Owen (so the rumor mill has it)
Ian Drennan

Unknown
Jim Vance
Ray Dutch
Tyler Lawson - I expect Tyler will compete on the 5ft gates. He did so in the FLCPA in it's first year so I expect that he'd continue his trend.
Ryan Brownlow

Sandbaggers ;)
Mark Shimell

Blues

I'm just not exactly clear on the guidelines as to who has to compete as what. I also wanted to see who would just be doing it anyway, even though technically they don't have to.

none of us are sure of the rules yet, thats why your seeing the debate.

the rules need to be in place in 15 days.:)