chris74

Fusion175 vs Safire 2 169 vs Cayenne170

Hello Birds,
I have put about 140 jumps on a Triathlon 190 at 1.16 W.L (perfect for W.S or landing without wind at 5000 ft at Megeva ! ) and actually fly a Merit 170 for Groundlaunching. I 'm looking for this 3 items more flights characteristics and experiences because i want to keep my tri for W.S, and buying a more "funny and speedy" canopy (not an exclusive or H.P one), for skydiving , GLC and later canopy piloting .I actually don't Swoop because i need to improve my skills during canopy training courses before.
Blue skies
Chris
P.S i didn't know if i had to post my thread here or in Gear and Rigging .

On the website from Performance Variable you can download the manual from the Cayenne but there is not that much information about the characteristics:
http://www.myskyshop.com/catalog/information.php/info_id/5

From what I'm heard, you can compare the Cayenne with the Sabre2.
I know a few people who are using the Cayenne and they are very satisfied.
I jump a Demon from PV and this is a great canopy. The finishing and the performance are great. Certainly if you compare it to the price you have to pay for it.

I've jumped a Cayenne 170 for about 40 jumps. There where some things I liked about the canopy and some I didn't like.

I liked the way it flew. Glide was very good. I could make it back from long spots very easy. Toggle turning the canopy was nice to. Quick to respond to input give by toggles. And the canopy is dead cheap. Only 995 Euro's.

What I didn't like about the Cayenne where the openings. Hard to say the least. And it's very sensative to body position during the opening. I also didn't like the way front riser pressure build up during front riser turns. And the canopy has an instant recovery arc. It also has the tendency to pop up when you let go of the front riser. Even when you let up the front riser very easy.

I don't agree with the poster above me. I think it doesn't handle like the sabre2. The sabre2 has a longer recovery arc and the openings are better.

If I where you I would try to demo these canopies before buying one. Get a feel for al these canopies and then decide which one to buy.

thanks for the reply,
At my DZ's , you can only find Parachutes de france (did some jumps with electra and my merit) and P.D ( some jumps with silhouette and sabre 1).Never saw safire,cayenne or fusion because they are completly unknown so for demoing!!! you can imagine. I am E.T here because i jump a Wings (best rig for the buck) !!!
Blue skies
Chris

You are living in France?
If you send an e-mail to Performance Variable they will send you a demo Cayenne for free without commitment.
The Sabre2 is a great canopy that's for sure!
And I have to agree about the openings of the Cayenne, those from the Sabre2 are better. But the openings of my demon are better:P