Dominik

Swooping with Crossfire

1) You weigh more when you are turning.

Well I suppose its possible that to some extent the G-forces may exeed 1G while turning.. Generally However I would estimate that if you exeed 1G while on level with the canopy on a turn you need to seriously reconsider your turnrate to a slower side..

2) Most people initiate their turn with a single front riser. So worst case you have to pull your bodyweight up with one hand. It is never quite this bad since the other three risers still carry some load even when one is being pulled down, but it's not like doing a pullup on a bar.

I dont know a sigle swooper that only uses one riser. (maby some old school stiletto guys and some newbies, but no swoopers by definition)

I dont know a sigle swooper that only uses one riser. (maby some old school stiletto guys and some newbies, but no swoopers by definition)

I have for the last two seasons and have done OK with the technique. Although this season I'm working on bigger turns and a couple of other things that might change that.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>I dont know a sigle swooper that only uses one riser.

I use one riser to start my turns, although you might not consider me a real swooper since I'm not very good. I then follow it with the other riser to steepen the turn and lower the exit point.