chayes12

Skyquest schedule 2005

Skyquest 2005

Dates are November 17-20 with comp days on the 18th, 19th and 20th. Note there will be comp jumps on Sunday until around 1 pm then we will do the awards.

$360 per competitor. This includes 10 jumps.
Cash Prizes for top three places and team events.

Format

2 jumps 24 inch wide lane 300 ft.
2 jumps S carve
2 jumps carving accuracy
2 jumps Freestyle declared
2 jumps Team distance

All competitors will pay $360 and can use their other two tickets for practice if they are not competing in Team distance. There will not be a separate price for competitors who are not competing in the team events, so get your teams together.

Schedule

Thursday November 17

Practice and registration all day

Friday November 18

8-11 am practice
11 am 3 comp jumps
2 s carve,
1 24 inch lane

Saturday November19

8-11am practice

11am 3 comp jumps
1 24 inch lane
2 carving accuracy

Sunday November 20

9am 2 freestyle
11 am 2 team distance

There will be practice jumps before competition on Friday and Saturday morning.
Registration is available online along with the waiver.

For information about Skyquest go to
www.skyquestflorida.com

Hey Chris, what about those of us who will be coming but not really interested in the team event? Last time I competed at SkyQuest my teammate and I were told by the judges that we could not compete if we used our practiced (crossing) setup. As I seriously doubt that I will have anyone to practice with at Raeford prior to the meet, I am just wondering how a person's standings would be affected if they could not compete in that event? Not that I am going to win anything at that meet, but I would just like some clarification on how the individual scores (for ranking) are to be tabulated.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, glad to hear you are considering a Florida trip.
The idividual scores will not include any team scores. There will be eight jumps in the individual comp. Each jump will be worth points with the highest combined point total after 8 jumps winning.

In lane will have ten zones each worth 10 points for a max total of 100.
S carve will work the same with 10 zones and 100 points max.
Carving accuracy will have quad gate and zone points for 100 points max and Freestyle will follow PST rules and points with Karine Leblond doing the judging.

We will give money for first second and third individual and the team events will be seperate.

Team will consist of two lanes with 10 zones each worth 10 points for a total of 200 points max for each team run. A perfect score for each team after two jumps will be 400 points. All events except freestyle will require competitors to make it out of the water to score. (Chow rules)
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim Slaton will also be at the event. He will be announcing. He announced the event in Colorado and did a great job and has agreed to come to Florida to announce at Skyquest. I am trying to talk him into doing some demo jumps with his new weapon, the JVX, but he will not be competing.

Hope to see ya
Chris

Check this link for hotels
http://www.skyquestflorida.com/2005Hotels.html

Jim Slaton will also be at the event. He will be announcing. He announced the event in Colorado and did a great job and has agreed to come to Florida to announce at Skyquest.

That is awesome! He did a great job in Colorado.

I really want to try and make this event but it's not looking great right now [:/].....I need a job that gives me more vacation days!!

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I am trying to talk him into doing some demo jumps with his new weapon, the JVX, but he will not be competing.

i think paul is going to be there with his, im working on being there with mine!;)

probably to just get my ass kicked, but it is nice to have a canopy that does so well.

"does my canopy make me look like a pro?"

lol.....

All events except freestyle will require competitors to make it out of the water to score. (Chow rules)

I assume this will be different from the 'bank rule' you had last year where you got penalized half your score for the round.

Is the water level going to be higher then for this year?

Thanks.

The "bank rule" or Chow Rule, which is the same as the Pond Swoop Nationals at the Ranch chow rules, will be the same as last year. We will have the pond filled higher for this year than it was last year. And yes if you land in the water and get a Chow penalty you will only be awarded half your points for the run.

Check out this link for story and scores for Skyquest 2005.

http://www.canopypiloting.com/home.asp?ItemID=311&rcid=88&pcid=87&cid=88

Also congrats again to Tyler Lawson for getting the Championship Belt for the 2005 FLCPA season.

Check it out.

http://www.canopypiloting.com/home.asp?ItemID=315&rcid=97&pcid=95&cid=97