eugeneskydiver

CPC Northwest District meet #2 results

Held as planned on Saturday the 25th at Skydive Oregon, the northwest’s second CPC meet was a success. After waking up to a few rain drops coming into my tent, we held the competitors briefing as planned at 8:15 and also as planned had to wait for the low clouds to clear. Fortunately at approximately 12:00 the ceiling burst open and we were well underway starting with zone accuracy. Calm winds helped the event run smoothly, with no winds for accuracy, but slight down winds for distance, and a slightly stronger downwind for some intense speed carving rounds at the end of the day.
The meet went off with no serious injuries except for two minor incidences, one involving a reoccurring dislocated shoulder after an uneventful turn and swoop but a trip on the last few steps of the competitors run out, and another competitor catching a knee in the water which turned into quite a few other body parts coming in contact with the pond. Fortunately he only got the wind knocked out of him but choose to sit out for the rest of the comp, and the other jumper realigned his shoulder and after a short recovery period he finished the last two speed rounds successfully.
The competitions final results are:
1st Tom Phillips Xaos 27cell 118

2nd Brad Gorman Velocity 90

3rd Stu Shoenfold VX 84
4th Bryan Gile VX 79
5th Dan Self Velocity 120

All of us here in the northwest would like to take the opportunity to thank the sponsors that kicked down some great prizes to help support these events.

Velocity Sports
Performance Designs
Hop n Pop Productions
Alti 2
Body Sport USA jumpsuits
Opening Shock
Skydive Oregon
And a special thanks to all our judges!

Remember everybody, next meet is at Skydive Snohomish, July 16th and 17th. And you can all expect some more great prizes... Train hard and swoop safe.
Gile and studly Stu

no problemo, thanks for the skydive fri. that was rad! come back again soon and play skydiver with us. hope your scouting trip went well. how far is that? maybe ill come up there and shoot video if sdo can let me go for a weekend. let me know. my car is a 1995 piece of shiet. so if you got room ill help drive stu.
peace
>

from SDO it's about 4.5 hours. i think i have about 3 so far in my pile o shite car but you're more than welcome to come along.

that jump was definetly beautiful, gonna have to do another one of those. and that vid will make the 2005 dvd being put together for the NWCPC region.

take it easy, be safe...stu
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Hey Jeffe-

If you keep improving you'll be good enough to compete under yer veng. or velo THIS season- there's a couple other guy's at SDO in the same boat.

Keep doin' the hop and pops. If a person were to have made the gates cleanly on every run at this last comp, even flying a 9-cell, they would have had 3rd or maybee 2nd all wrapped up...

Just somethin' to think about. Swoop meets are more about accuracy than most people think.

sorry no can do this season. i gots me prioritys. aff class in aug is gonna kick my ass. i need to focus and get preped for that. so its work work work this season but ill be going to az or cali for a month in winter to focus on freeflying and swoop.
thanks ffor taking me ground launching today. did you get the dirt out of your teeth yet? lol
jeff
>

The dirt is out baby, all out...

That was more of a battle than I ever had to put on, man, crazy wind to hill angles. I'm going again Wed. with Steve and another cat from out of town. Gimme a jingle if you want to take another whack at it.

That's cool you're goin' for AFF. I have a lot of respect for those guys. That will be a good way to get canopy time, too.

thanks, i hope i do well. affi is no joke ive seen how stressed the instructee's are threw the coarse.
dude i cant wait to for my next gl battle royale! i got mad respect for you. that shit is intimidating as hell! what time are yall going wed. i have to work but if your going after work i may be able to leave early. im in with the boss. i wanna hit freds hill. that one doesnt scare the shit out of me as much as horseshoe.
i did some kiting today at the dz. the winds werent that good but i definatly got better at it. the key seems to be min input.
peace dawg
j
>

cool 5pom wed. if i can get out of work by then can i come play. pm me your cell#.
snomish is a no go for me. thats way too far of a drive. i dont do car trips well. my car is really hard to drive. power stearing went out. no radio (stolen), and its so loud cuz of the rough roads and leather interior. anything more than 3 hours wipes me out. besides i wanted to video you fuckers, but thats too far for me. good luck with your new velo. they're fucking awsome huh? i love mine sooo much i tried to have sex with it but she got all fraked out cuz i wouldnt use a condom. so were just gonna be good friends.
peace
jeff
>