Sinkster

170mph on belly? what the? (Pro-Track question)

On 2 seperate RW jumps this weekend my fairly new Pro-track said I got a max speed of 170. :o

The first time someone said I might have been going head down in a track which explains the speed but I couldn't figure out how I didn't know that but I still practiced rolling my shoulders and getting flat.

So, on another RW jump the next day with me exiting as part of the base so I know it wasn't after exit I got 170mph as well on the Pro-track. This time I did some very flat tracking rolling my sholders with legs straights out, etc.

What gives? Anyone know how 170mph would come up, or does the protrack give a vector speed including horizontal movement somehow? My Pro-track is set for SS. Thanks for any info about it. Just curious if this is a bug or something.

Must have been "pointing" down more that I thought. It was definatly when I was tracking. Can you ask someone else who was on the dive if they saw the track?
-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

I've done a quick 2 way before and asked the other person to stay where they are and watch me track off (broke at 7k cos I wanted to track B|), it's good when you get someone else's perspective on it, especially when they are "still"

-----------------------------------
It's like something out of that twilighty show about that zone

Heres another question...

I have a Pro Dytter...

It works great, but after I land it starts making these quiet beeping noises????

I think it is just the batterys, but I have never heard of one doing this before...

Anyone?
Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

On 2 seperate RW jumps this weekend my fairly new Pro-track said I got a max speed of 170. :o

The first time someone said I might have been going head down in a track which explains the speed but I couldn't figure out how I didn't know that but I still practiced rolling my shoulders and getting flat.

So, on another RW jump the next day with me exiting as part of the base so I know it wasn't after exit I got 170mph as well on the Pro-track. This time I did some very flat tracking rolling my sholders with legs straights out, etc.

What gives? Anyone know how 170mph would come up, or does the protrack give a vector speed including horizontal movement somehow? My Pro-track is set for SS. Thanks for any info about it. Just curious if this is a bug or something.

Where is the ProTrack located? What type of helmet do you use? Did you pass through a burble? Do you have access to Jump Trak software to give a plot of your speed during the jump?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

change SAS to TAS and see how much it show. what was the average speed for the dive ?
average for the first and second half ?

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

Changing it to TAS should only increase the speed

i just checked some graphs and it's basically true. to some altitude (don't remember
the exact number) SAS will be lower. and it will be higher after that. see pic attached.

stan.

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum

SASVSTAS.gif

Should be 4000 feet, cos that's what it's calibrated to.

yeah, i think it's 4000 ft. it looks more like 3500 on the picture but
it just means that temperature and preasure were not standard at
the time.

stan.

--
Speed Skydiving Forum

Where is the ProTrack located? What type of helmet do you use? Did you pass through a burble? Do you have access to Jump Trak software to give a plot of your speed during the jump?

Answers:

It's mounted externally to an Oxygn A3.

Burble could definately be it. I know for a fact I did on one -- it was a 6 way combat rw. And on the other me and another dude were doing some funky linked barrel roll stuff for fun.

I thought about Jump Trak, but no one has it that I know of at my dz. But eventually when I get the dough I will get it b/c it looks useful and a lot of fun.

I would say a burble would have to be it. I get it on mine sometimes when i track away. I sometimes go above the group when I track but still have a speed increase on the graph. When I do a tracking dive though it shows a much lower speed(80-something is my best so far I think). If the PT thinks you're at 4000 feet then in 3 or 4 seconds you're at 3000 it has to make up the difference somewhere.

Johnny

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome