dragon2

Movie & results Dutch Swoop Tour 05 2005

About half way through, someone on a white and blue canopy set up with a 450 and made it all the way through the zone. Was that Jay's winning distance run? He looked high in the middle of the run, but that appeared to be after climbing after entering. Hard to tell.

Also since it was the Dutch Swoop Tour, which one was Ray Dutch?:P

Nice video.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

About half way through, someone on a white and blue canopy set up with a 450 and made it all the way through the zone. Was that Jay's winning distance run? He looked high in the middle of the run, but that appeared to be after climbing after entering. Hard to tell.

Yes, it's Jay. Unfortunately, he had a vertical extension on the entry gate, and scored 0 for that distance run. Pity ...

Otherwise, new unofficial world record B|

This kind of comment really annoys me. A vertical earns you a score of 0 for a good reason. It's not "almost" a world record or an "unofficial" world record. As far as I know Jonathan Tagle still holds that title and he earned it by going through the gates.

Otherwise, new unofficial world record B|

This kind of comment really annoys me. A vertical earns you a score of 0 for a good reason. It's not "almost" a world record or an "unofficial" world record. As far as I know Jonathan Tagle still holds that title and he earned it by going through the gates.

True, but in this case it was not a case of 'just' coming in too high, he just pulled his legs up a split second too soon, is what I meant.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Oh btw, I didn't mean to say that a verticalled score would count as a record in any way, official or not. It would've been an unofficial world record however had he not verticalled and made it, since we do not have the required 16 FAI swoop judges for an official world record! B| We have exactly one in the Netherlands.

We do not even have 16 FAI swoop judges in the whole of Europe, I think. I know Germany has only one, too. How many are there in the USA? I think the IPC rules are somewhat overdone on this one! :S[:/]

ciel bleu,
Saskia