Levin

CPC - Texas District & Schedule

The Texas CPC consists of 5 meets featuring the tradition events of speed, distance and zone accuracy. At the end of season the top 5 overall canopy pilots from each district are invited to the CPC National Championships. First place at the CPC National Championships automatically becomes ‘Pro’ certified in the PST. Places 2 – 10 will be eligible to take the Pro Qualification Test. Beginning in 2006 the advanced class will be eliminated from the Pro Swooping Tour and all pilots wishing to join the PST will have to do so by qualifying in their local CPC district. Texas CPC district competitions will be held at various Dropzones and other suitable locations. In an effort to promote the sport of high performance canopy piloting, when appropriate and possible, competitions will be held in suitable locations other than Dropzones where the public may be invited. To register and compete competitors must have at least 500 jumps which must include 200 high performance landings in total and a minimum of 100 high performance landings within the previous 12 months of which 50 jumps must be on their current canopy. The CPC defines a high performance landing as “Any pilot who initiates any type of input or turn to gain extra speed for landing is making a high performance landing”. Competitions held in a location other than a Dropzone will require the competitor to be a member of USPA and posses a USPA ‘D’ license.

In order to be eligible for score tallying at the end of the season and a chance to go to the CPC National Championships competitors must compete in 4/5 meets and be a member of the Canopy Piloting Circuit. CPC membership is $50 annually. Competition registration for each meet is $50 for CPC members and $75 for non-CPC members.

An objective of the CPC is to provide a controlled flight arena for canopy pilots to fine tune existing skills and gain competition experience. There will be a Zero Tolerance policy for those deemed to posses the wrong attitude, commit safety violations and/or create a dangerous element in a controlled flight arena. It is the responsibility of the competitor to read and understand the rules prior to competition. All rules will be strictly enforced.

CPC Rules can be found on the Rules page at www.canopypiloting.com/cpc.htm. Please read the homepage, rules, news and Texas circuit page. If you have any questions or would like a word.doc of the rules email me at [email protected].

The 2005 Texas CPC schedule is as follows…

Meet #1 - Skydive Houston – May 15
Meet #2 - Skydive Aggieland – June 5
Meet #3 - Skydive Dallas – June 26
Meet #4 - Skydive Spaceland – August 21
Meet #5 - Lake Gladewater – September 25

[Alternate / Bad Weather] – October 2
[Alternate / Bad Weather] - October 9

Keep checking back to www.canopypiloting.com/cpc.htm for more information to come…

Cool, glad to see you've got your locations figured out Levin.

Well, baring any sort of odd work bullshit, I'll be at those meets trying to learn as much as I can and having fun.:)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have much to re-learn, and I am looking forward to an uneventful season of swooping. I plan to take a nice, easy, slow approach this time to my learning curve... good luck to those competing, and hopefully Ill see you at a couple meets..
-yoshi

Well, comparing the event dates to my team schedule... It's a perfect match! :S If a weather day occurs the listed alternate events are scheduled after nationals, which means that ya'll still might see me.

Same personal rules apply; make the gates the majority of the jumps and walk back to the packing room... anything more than that is a personal bonus.

Yoshi, hope to see ya there man... mind if I go first :P?

hey dave, right after i posted the schedule i found out our season has changed from ending october 15th to ending september 12th. i had to reschedule the meet at lake gladewater. that competition is now meet #4. i'll be posting the new date for that meet and some updates hopefully as early as tomorrow.

I plan to take a nice, easy, slow approach this time to my learning curve...

yoshi- these swoop events are just as much a controlled learning environment as they are a competition. that is the exact attitude we hope all competitors will bring to the meets. stay conservative and only give it 80% allowing you to work on your skills and learn from the experience while staying safe. Or give it a 100% if you are hoping to make the top 5 and go to the championships. Never give it a 110%. Doing so is doing something beyond your own abilities. The swoop course is a place to fine tune existing skills, not learn new ones. Hope to see you at all the meets.

Well, comparing the event dates to my team schedule... It's a perfect match! If a weather day occurs the listed alternate events are scheduled after nationals, which means that ya'll still might see me.

psuCory- as of now all of the meets and alternate dates are scheduled before nationals. i'll be posting the new schedule as early as tomorrow. sorry the dates don't work for ya. but if your schedule opens up i hope you make it to atleast one of the meets.

edit: typos