Sadcat

Crossfire2 129 - front riser pressure

I'm jumping a Stiletto 135 and it's a very good canopy, but it's old ( lots of jumps ) and I want to buy a new canopy. I want to know if the Crossfire2 129 has lighter front riser pressure, and bigger bottom end flare. If this is true is it significative. And about the pack volume, who packs bigger. Thanks:)

I've jumped a couple different Stiletto 170s for a couple hundred jumps and I've been jumping a XF2 149 for the past few hundred jumps.

Overall I would say that the XF2 has a lighter front riser pressure and it builds more slowly then the Stiletto's. As for flare, both canopies have a lot of flare power on the bottom end, they're different from each other though.

I would rather jump a XF2 then a stiletto, but I'd say demo a Vengence and a Sam as well...jump everything in your skill range and see what you like over all.

Your best bet is to call Wyat up and get a demo to try it out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've never jumped a stiletto.. but I love my cf2 (129). The front riser pressure is light as - much lighter than anything else I've jumped. It is very responsive, got a great flare and lots of lift on a front riser landing as well as conservative (less speedy) approaches. Not sure about the packing volume but you can always find out from the manufacturers..

I've only 50 jumps on it, but I love the Crossfire. I agree with AggieDave on the front riser pressure (demo'd a CF 2 150 and compared to my Stiletto 150 on 90-360 degree turns). I also prefer the Crossfire's more gentle opening characteristics.

Ref pack volume; the Icarus charts say the Crossfire 139 pack volume is 386 cubic inches. The PIA chart for the Stiletto 150 is 364.

However, I went from a Stiletto 150 to a Crossfire 2 139 in the same container. The Crossfire pack size is roughly the same as, and certainly no bigger, than the Stiletto. So, based on that, a CF 129 should pack perhaps a little bigger than a Stiletto 135.

Hope that helps, you could always order a 124 to be sure!

Having recently trasitioned from a Stiletto to a XF2 I agree with everything that has been said here (lighter riser pressure, great openings, etc...). Another thing to point out is recovery arc. Expect it to be longer. Even with this in mind as I worked up to bigger turns, I still found this catching me off guard a couple times. My Stiletto (1.3 WL) planed out real quick with little or no input. Not the case with my XF2. Granted, I have been jumping mostly at a higher wing loading, but I started with a XF2 similarly loaded.

--Keith
Arizona Drive 4-Way VFS - www.DriveVFS.com

Stiletto (1.3 WL) planed out real quick with little or no input. Not the case with my XF2.

The XF2 109 I jumped plane out just fine with little to no input. It has a much longer recovery arc for sure, but it will still level out on it's own. Of course whether letting it do that is the most efficient way to fly it is entirely up for debate :)
Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team