garywainwright

Lake Wales Pond

I saw it right before the storm hit while it was still being made. We were given a tour of it by the powers that be. It looks to be a promising pond but I don't know about there not being a lip since on the other side of the pond and property line there already exists a natural pond with what could only be described as a small barrier or Lip of land between the two.However, if you were swooping the pond from either direction and had to bail in that direction you would have enough altitude to pop over the berm, clear the bobwire fence and land in the natural pond. Getting out though might be a bit more sticky;) Overall it looked to be a fantastic pond in the making
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Right, off to the fence side the land slopes, but there's a good sized bank of smooth sand that's pretty level and has no lip (I saw it a few weeks ago when I was there for Collegates).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It's great, 100 feet by 300 feet and sand all around. Chris Hayes also posted a brief description in the post about the FLCPA.

Now if only the FL weather hadn't sucked so much ass this weekend I'd actually have some time over it >:(

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team