superstu

another vid

since i got such a good response from my last vid i decided to make another video. this one has some "special" stuff on it :D, so i hope you guys like it. like the last one it's all canopy shots.

let me know what ya think. look under the newest added videos on skydivingmovies.com for "section 8 eugene skydivers". i'll post a link once i see it's on there.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Stu you freakin rock man, nice video again.
To all u swoopers out there come play with us when the weather gets good again. Hop n Pop all u want cause its $6 to 3k, $7 to 4k, and $8 to 5k. If u put $100 down on our books in advance, if not then only a dollar more.
Gile

hey Gile, you'll see Brad and I down there a lot more this summer probably.

Edited to add another great vid Stu.

~Rob

Very nice! I like the part where the person reversed under canopy docks the yellow one. While climbing down you can look in the nose and see the xbraces, only short.
Only thing I was wondering, how did the persoon reversed under canopy get that linetwist before he's chopping it?

Ferry

we were jumping a stiletto 97 (1.8-1.9) as our cutaway main, so it's suprisingly easy to spin it up. he basically just sat in deep brakes and let up on one toggle real quick and away we went. as a side note the one in the vid freeked us out cause he actually couldn't cut it away till under 3k because the risers twisted up. so don't try it unless you know what you're doin.
Slip Stream Air Sports

as a side note the one in the vid freeked us out cause he actually couldn't cut it away till under 3k because the risers twisted up. so don't try it unless you know what you're doin.

Did ya have hard housings in the risers that were on the cut away.... I am curious to know how they either did not help or would have helped.... If they were there then it is somethng for everyone to remember on a cutaway from a twisted canopy, PULL FORCE CAN BE HIGH EVEN WITH THEM. If they were not there did you put them in later and on subsquent chops did it make a difference and if so how much of one....

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

on this jump we didn't have the risers with the hard housings on and we haven't been able to get up again to try out the risers with hard housings. i'll let you guys know when we do try it though.
Slip Stream Air Sports

Beautiful video!!!!! It reminds me of my aff instructor flying a canopy in reverse, but he didn't intended to do that intentionally it was a mistake when he linked the lines to the french links (of course that's what he says although hard to believe), and he didn't cutaway he landed it, it was a sabre! Just a question: didn't the aircraft pilot complain when he saw people stepping into the plane holding the canopy in a paper pouch?:P

Just a question: didn't the aircraft pilot complain when he saw people stepping into the plane holding the canopy in a paper pouch?

nope, he just told us to be careful and if it went over the tail we're buy the plane and paying the fines.
Slip Stream Air Sports