newsstand

B. Germain Course - What should I expect?

I just put a deposit down on a seminar and I want to hear from people who have been there. I have 45 jumps and have just really started worrying about what happens after I open the canopy. I have been working on flat turns and have some questions there. Started playing with my risers the last few jumps and have already done wonders for my accuracy. I know I will learn a lot during this class but just want some feel of what it will be about.

Please don't just chime in with it being worht the money or it being cool. I already expect that!

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I took a formal seminar from Brian and a couple of informal sessions, I had 500-700 jumps during this time was focusing on high-performance landings. I got an immeasurable amount of knowledge from him and I improved immensely. At the same time, my girlfriend that had 100-200 jumps took even more time with Brian and improved drastically as well, from doing basic landings to learning how a swoop works...after that she started nailing some really great swoops (she learned to swoop with a very light wing-loading even!).

He'll help you bump up your skill-level several notches, regardless of what your goal is, beginner to advanced. Just be prepared to be amazed, amused and enlightened.

The seminar will discuss more than just mechanics and physics, it'll also delve into some psychology and how people learn, perceive danger and risk. It's sort of a holistic approach to canopy flying, so you'll get a lot more than you anticipated, and be able to apply it to more than just flying a parachute around.

It's worth the money, and it's cool. :>

-R

I just put a deposit down on a seminar and I want to hear from people who have been there. I have 45 jumps and have just really started worrying about what happens after I open the canopy. I have been working on flat turns and have some questions there. Started playing with my risers the last few jumps and have already done wonders for my accuracy. I know I will learn a lot during this class but just want some feel of what it will be about.

Please don't just chime in with it being worht the money or it being cool. I already expect that!

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE